G.A.S. attacks have been intense lately... - Page 11 - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

39Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #151 of 153 (permalink) Old 05-02-2015, 12:55 AM Thread Starter

Reviews: 1
Re: G.A.S. attacks have been intense lately...

Nice, I wanted thhat Intellipitch forever, now I have a G-system... Oh, wait, my rig has COMPLETELY changed, now!

So, now most of the discreet pedals are sold, traded, batered, etc.
I rebuilt my rig from the ground up, why? Bored.

The Mesa Studio 22 I thought I would NEVER sell...I sold. i bought and sold a Bogner XTC Head which was amazeballs, but tooo effing loud for a non-gigging musician. Sold it all off for a Bogner ATMA, a Mesa Road Thiele cabinet, and on the floor, a scant few pedals remain and then went all in...again... On a G-system iB Modified. This G system really works well, now! If you'll recall my initial tribulations on page one of this harrowing thread.

I built my own pedal board from scratch using multi ply birch from Home Depot, aluminum trim and stain and elbow grease.

To top it off, I sold off a couple guitars you might've seen in the classified section to pay for a Parker Fly, which I have been pining for since I sold off my 1st fly. Got that and immediately fell in love again! GREAT guitar!!! Best way to put it is, it's a guitar that doesn't get in the way of you playing. It's so effortless!

How's that for an update?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 153 (permalink) Old 05-02-2015, 12:47 PM

In the time since your last update, my rig hasn't changed at all. I may have done a pickup swap, I don't recall when I put the Bareknuckle Rebel Yells into my Suhr, but that would be it.
post #153 of 153 (permalink) Old 06-25-2020, 02:42 AM Thread Starter

Reviews: 1

5 years 4 bands, and copious amounts of gear later...
I am a non playing non gigging stay at home guitarist with too much time on ip his hands. I think I’ve brought so much gear though the house, the wife either stopped caring or has no clue anymore.
I’ve skimmed the amplifier dept down to an AX8 for the live gigs and a Cornford Roudhouse 50 at home.

I found a deal on a like new Roadhouse 50, with literally 2 hours on it, haggled a bit and got it for what I consider a great price, especially since I just saw one on Reverb.com for 2k.
I demoed it when i had to pick up a cheapy Dunlop Wah because my old one died, they had one there for 35 bucks in minty condition and i looked around at their store and they had a little bit of everything, a JC-120, an an old 5150 combo, then i see the Cornford logo... Drooool. Seriously?!
I didn't even look at the tag, I had to try it out to see what the hype was about.

I plugged in (brought my guitar with, even though I usually don't(Blade RH-4 Strat)) and it had a nice spanky clean that went from Fendery clean to some decent grit without hitting the channel boost. then I kicked in "Boost" mode. Oooooohhhhh MOMMA! A great organic tone with grit and clarity and I was hooked. I really tried talking myself out of it. I looked at the tag and it was reasonable. The owners were both there and one personally knew Cornford and Gutherie, etc, showed me pics of them all hanging out, just a super nice guy. He said, "I'd really like to see you go home with that amp." I said, Yeah, I'm sure you would!" He backed up and said, "No, I mean it, knowing who you play with it would be perfect for what you do" (Pink Floyd Tribute in Chicago) and you make it sound good. (wow, either this guy has my number or he's hitting on me, lol) I said I would have to give it a few days to think about it, sort of hoping it would be sold when I got back. Well, it hadn't and I came back a week later to find it sitting there, so i brought my guitar in and played through it a little louder and it was every bit as nice as i'd remembered.

...I haggled and got them down to where I could justifiably buy it and if I needed to, could sell her off and easily break even if not a small profit.

Well, I used her in a live setting tonight and it was GREAT!
Can't wait to play her out again.

Super responsive, running a pr. of EL34s in the power section and 3 12AX7s in the pre.
3 Band Tone, Gain, Boost and a Master out. the speakers are an open back cab, Celestion Vintage 30s. I don't consider it a true 2 channel amp, but it is very predictable and creamy. Just a nice, nice amp.

Otherwise, things have been calm in the land of Bamm and the GAS is still bad. Sold off all my Ibanez, then got Kiesel’s and Strandbergs and all kinds of other stuff, but missed my Wizard necks...sooooo
I posted about the project in Other guitars. A sexy red RG2770 with no electronics or pickups, in need of some TLC.

I also have a Christopher Woods build about to start. 5 pc neck and body Wenge with Purpleheart stripes and then a multi laminated body with purpleheart through it as well.
That will be a ways off, though.
Algiman and FireEagle like this.

Last edited by bammbamm; 06-25-2020 at 08:15 PM.

Tags
andy summers , bbe sonic , bbe sonic maximizer , behringer fcb , chris woods , christopher woods , custom jem , ernie ball , guitar shop , high gain amp , jackson dinky , jsx combo , loop station , marshall dsl , marshall jmp , marshall jvm , mesa boogie , mesa boogie mark , mesa recto , midi controller , midi pedal , music store , noise suppressor , playing guitar , power amp , practice amp , rack setup , recto cab , rocktron hush , rocktron midi mate , sonic maximizer , space rack , speaker cab , speaker cabs , squier strat , stomp box , string section , volume pedal , volume pedals , wilkinson trem

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode