G.A.S. attacks have been intense lately... - Page 5 - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

 39Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 153 (permalink) Old 07-10-2007, 02:46 PM
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: usa
Posts: 2,612
Re: G.A.S. attacks have been intense lately...

Bamm.... were you running any kind of noise reduction like a Hush Super C in your rack? I have an old Hush IIB that's served me well over the years. You can pick these up cheap on the bay of E! They work great for cleaning up that extra noise from using multiple effects units in a rack. Just a thought....
jemplayer55 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #62 of 153 (permalink) Old 07-10-2007, 03:51 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Chicagoland, IL.
Posts: 4,366
Reviews: 1
Re: G.A.S. attacks have been intense lately...

It's got a noise redux circuit in it and for $2200+ I shouldn't need a 99.00 hush unit, ya know? That was one of my many peeves. I was told, Oh, just buy a decimator, or a hush.. WHAT?!?!?! this is supposed to be the Daddy Mac of all systems, I'm paying a Mac Daddy price, and then I need to buy a noise suppressor, I don't F***ing think so.

There was no way to justify that price and extra hassle.
I know Vai uses one, but he also has Thomas Nordegg, I consider myself pretty savvy in all things guitar and signal processor related, but the crap outweighed the cream in this instance.

Besides, I would have had to join up with the Church of Appliantology and learn to speak German... for instance... (Any Joe's Garage fans?)
bammbamm is offline  
post #63 of 153 (permalink) Old 07-10-2007, 04:07 PM
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: usa
Posts: 2,612
Re: G.A.S. attacks have been intense lately...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bammbamm View Post
It's got a noise redux circuit in it and for $2200+ I shouldn't need a 99.00 hush unit, ya know? That was one of my many peeves. I was told, Oh, just buy a decimator, or a hush.. WHAT?!?!?! this is supposed to be the Daddy Mac of all systems, I'm paying a Mac Daddy price, and then I need to buy a noise suppressor, I don't F***ing think so.

There was no way to justify that price and extra hassle.
I know Vai uses one, but he also has Thomas Nordegg, I consider myself pretty savvy in all things guitar and signal processor related, but the crap outweighed the cream in this instance.

Besides, I would have had to join up with the Church of Appliantology and learn to speak German... for instance... (Any Joe's Garage fans?)

I hear you..... but that "on board" reduction won't help the gear before or after that piece if you were using multiple effects units. But I agree..... big bucks like that should be both user friendly and inject zero noise. Did you locate it in several different configurations in your rack signal chain? Some pieces love the front of the chain while others just noise it up.

Then again there are those simply over-rated pieces of gear!
jemplayer55 is offline  
post #64 of 153 (permalink) Old 07-11-2007, 09:22 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Chicagoland, IL.
Posts: 4,366
Reviews: 1
Re: G.A.S. attacks have been intense lately...

The G-system becomes the epicenter of your system.
You run your guitar in to the G-System, then from the G system, you plug in your preamp(s) in to the insert ports, then any other effects go in to the other 4 loops, then out to a power amp. It's a slick idea, but not optimized for the gigging player...yet.
bammbamm is offline  
post #65 of 153 (permalink) Old 07-11-2007, 09:36 AM
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: usa
Posts: 2,612
Re: G.A.S. attacks have been intense lately...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bammbamm View Post
The G-system becomes the epicenter of your system.
You run your guitar in to the G-System, then from the G system, you plug in your preamp(s) in to the insert ports, then any other effects go in to the other 4 loops, then out to a power amp. It's a slick idea, but not optimized for the gigging player...yet.
Nice concept..... maybe you should write them a letter explaining your problems and concerns. T.C. makes pretty good gear..... they may not be aware of the noise issue with the particular configuration you had.

Oh well..... at least you got some additional goodies and like the sound of your rack setup now. It's that never ending quest for the perfect setup though that will keep ya spending!

Can't wait to hear clips too.
bammbamm likes this.
jemplayer55 is offline  
post #66 of 153 (permalink) Old 07-11-2007, 10:07 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Chicagoland, IL.
Posts: 4,366
Reviews: 1
Re: G.A.S. attacks have been intense lately...



Last edited by bammbamm; 07-11-2007 at 10:14 AM.
bammbamm is offline  
post #67 of 153 (permalink) Old 07-11-2007, 10:16 AM
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: usa
Posts: 2,612
Re: G.A.S. attacks have been intense lately...

Nice..... heavy though? How much heat are you putting into the other units with your power and preamp on the bottom? Got any extra fans in there?

I think I'd upgrade the rack case next..... something ATA approved with casters and a drawer on the bottom for all your cables and such. Just a thought.....
jemplayer55 is offline  
post #68 of 153 (permalink) Old 07-11-2007, 10:51 AM
 
jb4674's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Fairfax, VA - USA
Posts: 4,613
Reviews: 18
Re: G.A.S. attacks have been intense lately...

Ok, a cuple of ?'s Bamm...

Is that a G-Force or a G-Major? (couldn't see the label on it very well).

How old is the Furman? I've never seen one with a built-in tuner. I'm thinking that the Furman might have to be looked at if you're still getting noise, though it could be a cable or two in the back that is/are creating the noise (though i doubt it).

That ultrafoot brought back memories the second I saw it, I started thinking about an SGX2000 I wanted to buy so long ago..... How do you like it as a midi controller?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm trying to figure out what else to get after my recent gas attack (which I'll post pics of later on today), provided the UPS man drops off the last piece at the house today....

Jimmy

I got some killer deals....
jb4674 is offline  
post #69 of 153 (permalink) Old 07-11-2007, 10:56 AM
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: usa
Posts: 2,612
Re: G.A.S. attacks have been intense lately...

^^^^ So we're all at the mercy of the UPS man..... New thread? Lots of pic's? Can't wait!
jemplayer55 is offline  
post #70 of 153 (permalink) Old 07-11-2007, 11:32 AM
 
jb4674's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Fairfax, VA - USA
Posts: 4,613
Reviews: 18
Re: G.A.S. attacks have been intense lately...

Yeah, sometimes that sucks but, what can you do...

Luckily I get off work at 3, so I'll have plenty of time to snap some some pics and post them (if the item made it today) before I go to school.

Jimmy
jb4674 is offline  
post #71 of 153 (permalink) Old 07-11-2007, 11:54 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Chicagoland, IL.
Posts: 4,366
Reviews: 1
Re: G.A.S. attacks have been intense lately...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemplayer55 View Post
Nice..... heavy though? How much heat are you putting into the other units with your power and preamp on the bottom? Got any extra fans in there?

I think I'd upgrade the rack case next..... something ATA approved with casters and a drawer on the bottom for all your cables and such. Just a thought.....
There is a fan that I set up inside the rack blank 3rd up from the bottom.
If you notice, I have 3 1 " Fans on the other side creating ventilation.

The thing weighs a ton and I have been considering getting an ATA style road case. The cost is sick on anything nice, but I need to get something to better protect what I have.
bammbamm is offline  
post #72 of 153 (permalink) Old 07-11-2007, 11:56 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Chicagoland, IL.
Posts: 4,366
Reviews: 1
Re: G.A.S. attacks have been intense lately...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb4674 View Post
Ok, a cuple of ?'s Bamm...

Is that a G-Force or a G-Major? (couldn't see the label on it very well).

How old is the Furman? I've never seen one with a built-in tuner. I'm thinking that the Furman might have to be looked at if you're still getting noise, though it could be a cable or two in the back that is/are creating the noise (though i doubt it).
Noise is gone now.
IT is a discontinued model with the tuner.
It's a Sabine, it works, but non essential since I now have the Korg.

Quote:
That ultrafoot brought back memories the second I saw it, I started thinking about an SGX2000 I wanted to buy so long ago..... How do you like it as a midi controller?
I've had that one forever, it's what I'm used to and I love it. If someone came up with a nice updated version or something as reliable, I'd grab one just for an update, but the thing is a tank.
Quote:
Sorry for all the questions, I'm trying to figure out what else to get after my recent gas attack (which I'll post pics of later on today), provided the UPS man drops off the last piece at the house today....

Jimmy

I got some killer deals....
[/quote]

Please post pics!
bammbamm is offline  
post #73 of 153 (permalink) Old 07-14-2007, 09:02 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Chicagoland, IL.
Posts: 4,366
Reviews: 1
Re: G.A.S. attacks have been intense lately...

OH SWEET JEBUS, It's happening again ! ! ! !
I found a slick deal on a VHT CL50 with the EQ....
For less delivered than most places have it (including e Bay) for sale.
I have the cash, and then some, on hand, I could buy it now, but... do I need it? I have a Triaxis & the 20:20 power amp....

HELP ! ! !
bammbamm is offline  
post #74 of 153 (permalink) Old 07-18-2007, 02:58 AM
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 1,205
Reviews: 12
Re: G.A.S. attacks have been intense lately...

your updates are quite interesting bamm... as I have been bitten with GAS for the past month...
As a recent graduate who landed a nice paying job... I've spent at least over a grand getting things I thought I couldn't afford years ago.
I started with a mesa 16 space shockmount with a V-twin pre, a 2:95, a 4x12 recto cab, a Hush, BBE 482 and a power conditioner but I had to get rid most of it to fund materials for my school... and the hard work has paid off I've managed to keep the Hush and the rack for the past 3 years though...
until I got an Engl 530, a G-Major, a 2:90, and upgraded my power conditioner to a PL-Plus... my next purchases will be getting my V-twin and cab back... along with a switcher, midi pedal, and another cabinet... after I get paid a week's worth of work next month :P

I checked out a VHT Deliverance and a PitBull earlier today... I was amazed by both amps but was highly impressed with the Deliverance! Does anyone know if the GP-3 preamp compare or come close?

Tried out a bunch of hard-to-find prestige Ibby's as well... not only do I have an amp bug but i might get the guitar bug as well! hah

*sigh* the gas never seems to end...
bammbamm likes this.
reguv760 is offline  
post #75 of 153 (permalink) Old 07-18-2007, 07:40 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Chicagoland, IL.
Posts: 4,366
Reviews: 1
Re: G.A.S. attacks have been intense lately...

It never ends... And we had tacos last night...
I decided against the VHT, I have a perfectly functioning Triaxis, racked up and wailing. If I switch to the head, then all of a sudden I need to figure out a new way to switch channels, etc... never mind.
bammbamm is offline  
Reply

Tags
andy summers , bbe sonic , bbe sonic maximizer , behringer fcb , chris woods , christopher woods , custom jem , ernie ball , guitar shop , high gain amp , jackson dinky , jsx combo , loop station , marshall dsl , marshall jmp , marshall jvm , mesa boogie , mesa boogie mark , mesa recto , midi controller , midi pedal , music store , noise suppressor , playing guitar , power amp , practice amp , rack setup , recto cab , rocktron hush , rocktron midi mate , sonic maximizer , space rack , speaker cab , speaker cabs , squier strat , stomp box , string section , volume pedal , volume pedals , wilkinson trem

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).



Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Good G.A.S day (pics) Eggy All Other Guitars (including Prestige) 11 04-01-2007 04:41 AM
If My GAS Attacks Weren't Bad Enough.... screamndemon69 All Other Guitars (including Prestige) 31 03-07-2007 11:35 AM
Intense GAS for an SC Shredcows All Other Guitars (including Prestige) 10 04-12-2006 08:31 PM
Why do I always the pick attacks??? jimbojim Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! 5 02-03-2003 03:37 AM
PG Intense Rock VOL 1. - reviews Evo Kid Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! 14 12-23-2001 05:37 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome