Is GAK.CO.UK safe enough?? - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-02-2009, 10:29 AM Thread Starter

Reviews: 1
Is GAK.CO.UK safe enough??

Hey there, i'd like to know if anyone there has bought stuff from the website GAK.co.uk
it provides good rates , but i'm just a bit cautious about buying a guitar from there.

The guitar which im going for is Ibanez RGT6EX which has EMG 81/85 pickups. Earlier i was going for the Ibanez XPT-700 with DiMarzio Activator pickups....
I play metal mostly....so hope everyone here agrees i made the right decision.!!!

So people...is there anyone here who bought a guitar from GAK?? And was completely satisfied??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-02-2009, 10:39 AM

Re: Is GAK.CO.UK safe enough??

I bought my RG7321 from there with no problem
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-02-2009, 11:03 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy7jem View Post
I bought my RG7321 from there with no problem

Whew...thanx for the reply dude...

so u paid them through credit card?? And there was not even a minor problem in the guitar right??

How much time did it take for the guitar to reach you??
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-02-2009, 11:19 AM

They are a market leader...you should have no probs.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-02-2009, 11:23 AM

I can't remember all the details as it was a while ago!!

They used City Link (i assume they still do) and the guitar was delivered within the time frame they specified which i think was only a few days. I was very apprehensive as being a cheap guitar it didn't come in a case, just a box, but was quite well bubble wrapped and the guy who delivered it kept it in the front of his van rather than bouncing around with the other parcels in the back!! Whether they would all do that or i just got lucky i don't know!!

Paid by credit card.

Guitar was fine

Obviously i'm just one guy though hopefully others can add their experience!!
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-02-2009, 11:47 AM

Yep, they're a solid business. I bought my RG through them three years ago. They provided excellent communication and were a pleasure to do business with. I did have some trouble with getting hold of the guitar but that was down to City Link, not GAK. They claimed to have dropped round for a delivery and "I was out" but I'd been in that day ad spent the day in the living room, next to the window. So I would have seen anybody approaching the front door. I only managed to get hold of the guitar by checking the tracking number on the City Link website and discovering it was sitting in a depo waiting to be picked up, they didn't even try to contact me.

So anyway, GAK are great, City Link are a bit careless, so take note of the tracking number and check it every day.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-02-2009, 11:54 AM

City Link are dreadful - on more than one occasion I've caught them putting a card though my door without even trying the bell to see if I was in.
That said, GAK are great and I bought from them several times, and will again.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-02-2009, 12:27 PM

I've used GAK a few times but not for a guitar. No problem they are usually about the cheapest around

City Link aren't too hot though
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-02-2009, 04:32 PM Thread Starter

Thanx friends!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode