Gear Exchange - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-16-2004, 06:27 PM Thread Starter

Gear Exchange

Well, I know some of you might say "I Told You So" but I'm considering trading in my Line6 Flextone II. See, I want to get either a newer Line6 (since the Flextone II won't have much re-sell value left in a bit, and it's small anyways ) or go completely different (head or large combo with pedals to give me a little more effects flexibility, even though I'll be losing my amp flexibility). My questions are:

1) How much should I expect to get for my Flextone II (60-watt, 1x12) and floorboard?

2) I have a student-size (i.e. small) Oscar Schmidt acoustic I got years ago thats in ok condition, though a little dirty and a crappy guitar to begin with, how much do you think I could get for that?

3) With that cash, do you think I could afford a new Line6 (I'm thinking Spider II half-stack, or the Vetta 2x12 that's sitting in a local shop with the price going gradually lower and lower) or what else would you recommend that I could afford (keeping in mind I'm an effects/tone junkie and tend to use lots of effects, and need at least 3 channels: clean, vintage distortion (think Tea Party or I Mother Earth (Matchless and Naylor for those who don't know)) and high gain (think any kind of metal you can think of ))?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-16-2004, 07:46 PM

Reviews: 3
Have you tried the spider II head yet? (if so) What'd you think of it?

I tried out a flextone III 112..I liked the flextone II series more.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-16-2004, 08:00 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by texshred777
Have you tried the spider II head yet? (if so) What'd you think of it?

I tried out a flextone III 112..I liked the flextone II series more.
Haven't tried it yet, planning to once I start seriously looking into trading in some of this gear (probably march break - 2 weeks from now). I've heard a lot of people saying they liked the Flextone II series better than the newer stuff, but the Spider II stuff sounds cool from the samples I've heard/seen.

I dunno, I'm really getting interested in stomp boxes and stuff, and I'm wondering if they'd sound like crap with my current amp. I'm happy with my tones right now, I just want to be able to mess around more with effects. Would stomp boxes sound good with my Flextone II?

Also, I'm thinking of trading in my Schecter Revenger-7 for another 7-string of some kind as soon as something worthy shows up around here (Ibanez most likely, or Squier Fat Strat 7).
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-16-2004, 08:16 PM

Reviews: 3
That's what I thought about using pedals with a line 6 amp. I'd save pedals for a tube combo or head. (at least not a modeling amp) I thought the samples for the spider II sounded decent, way better than the original spider stuff.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-18-2004, 09:13 AM

The Mesa Nomad-45 head sounds about perfect...

-D
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-18-2004, 09:35 AM

MJ has a nice Mk 4 in the classifieds, personally I'd do that.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-18-2004, 06:51 PM Thread Starter

Note: keeping in mind I'd have to be able to pay for it (and some effects) with what I'd get for the Flextone II

As for the Spider II and Flextone III, the samples of the Flextone III on Line6's site sound terrible to me, but the Vetta (1 or 2), Spider II, and HD-147 have me drooling majorly.

I'm going to have to do some calling around to local guitar shops to see what I can get for my Line6 and then decide whether it's worth trading in now, or waiting until the summer when I can earn some money and get a really nice setup going. (and yes, I'm considering going tube )
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-18-2004, 09:15 PM

from a shop? Trust me, it ain't going to be pretty. See if you can sell it privately, and then start saving and buy a pretty sweet setup this summer.

-D
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-19-2004, 05:58 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew
from a shop? Trust me, it ain't going to be pretty. See if you can sell it privately, and then start saving and buy a pretty sweet setup this summer.

-D
There's an idea. I'll wait to see if I manage to get a job this summer (things tend to be slim pickings around here, even though I really really need a job) and how much it'll pay. Cuz I don't want to be without an amp and then find out I can't even get my old one back

Tags
fat strat , flextone iii , guitar shop , local guitar shop , mesa nomad , schecter revenger , stomp box , tube combo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode