Re: Going Stomped
1. I never thought compressors were necessary.
2. Visual Sound H20- Chorus AND Echo in the same pedal! INDEPENDENT switching.
3. The H20 would fill both these needs in one tidy, high quality package. Its not like the Ibanez tonelok pedals where there's just one switch, there are 2 differnt switches and conpletely independent control knobs. Its jsut like having 2 independent stompboxes in the same container. The only thing they share is the input and output jacks, and the power supply (One 9v battery, or AC adaptor).
4. Best Flanger Ive heard is the Ibanez FL-9 Reissue. . . incredible
5. Id say, a Maxon OD-9 or OD-808. I have an OD-808, its very very nice, but I actually prefer the OD-9, its a little less muddy. Both are very high quality and low noise, and have a good bypass.
6. Reverb? hmm. . . very few reverb pedals on the market. The Electro Harmonix holy grail is supposed to be nice, but they crap out frequently (read the harmony central reviews, not really persuasive) I dont like boss generally, but they make a pretty neat reverb pedal. Id probably go with the Boss reverb.