Good rack multi-FX for under $125? Please help! - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-19-2004, 04:18 AM Thread Starter

Good rack multi-FX for under $125? Please help!

Hello~!
I'm in the process of building a rack unit for use in my prog metal band. As of now, i have a Peavey Rockmaster preamp on the way, and i currently have a Tubeworks Mosvalve 982 {which is for sale over in the classifieds } power amp. I'm planning on buying a rackmount EQ, maybe an MXR dual 15 band, and a multi-FX unit. I'm on a pretty limited budget, though, so i'd really like to get something for under $125. I don't mind a bit if it's used. I need something with high-quality reverbs, chorus, and delay. Things like a flanger or phaser are nice additions, but not 100% essential.
I've been leaning towards something like the Rocktron Intellefex, which usually goes for under $100. I like Rocktron's effects, so i think this would be a good route. I also know that Digitech makes some good units for a pretty good price. As i mentioned, i don't mind buying used gear. I'd rather not have anything that functions as an additional preamp/gain control, i'd like the Rockmaster to handle all of the preamp duties. Please post any suggestions!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-19-2004, 11:54 AM

I use an Intellifex Online in my stripped down rack and it works great. There is a little tone degredation, but the unit sounds nice. Id suggest it
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-20-2004, 02:44 PM

Reviews: 1
I still have my ART SGE Mach II that has some great patches and sounds.
You can routinely find them for under 100 bux.
Alesis Quadraverbs are cheap too and will get you some solid basic effects.

The Intellifex units are kind of all over the map with regard to pricing, but you can find em for the $ you're talking about.
Another kewl fx rack is the Lexicon Vortex which isn't made anymore. But you can morph from one effect to another.

All are viable units that can offer midi control (- the Vortex) and flexiblilty.

Let us know what you decide on.

Bamm
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-21-2004, 04:11 AM

if you want just an fx unit I wouldn't recommend the quadaverb, but the midiverb is allright. I think it went for like 300 new, so now you should be able to find it dirt cheap. The quad was meant to be more of a pre amp...but it kinda failed..imo good luck on your search..there are a ton of old 80's fx units out there that are a good bang for the buck and cheap to boot! Tobe

Tags
alesis quadraverb , peavey rockmaster , power amp

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode