Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Got my new Bugera 212 333xl combo!

4K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  michblanch 
#1 ·
Hey guys! Just got my new tube/valve! Anyone have these and have any recommendations for tweaking? Not afraid to tweak but theres a lot of stuff on there, just to get me started. A lot differnt than my old Crate SS lol. Like what would you say for like a gilbert/vai tone for Like Presence, Bass, mid, treb, send and return of effects loop(for boost, dont have boost pedal, but it does boost the sound anyway). Thanks! DO you recommend changing tubes, or an OD or boost pedal?
Hope you don't take this as one of those, OMG HOW CAN I SOUND LIKE VAI threads. lol
Thanks! Soundclips soon!

#3 ·
dont want to be an ass, but to sound like one of the great, you will need a real tube amp... the bugeras sound awful distorted (like a chainsaw) no matter what you will dial in. You could prolly go with some effects and better tubes to get near that sound, but for that money extra you could have afforded a Carvin amp in the first place...

#8 ·
I tried a 333XL head and matching cab recently and it didn't sound awful with everything set about halfway. In fact for the money, I thought it sounded pretty good.

My big concern with Bugera is reliabilty. Looked like it was made with really cheap components. I'd be more worried about it blowing up....lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.