Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Got my SANSAMP GT2, wow! - recommend some settings please?

9K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Kevan 
#1 ·
Some of you may remember that I was looking fora really nice pre-amp od/dist pedal, and i finally settled on the sansamp GT2, now i had quickly demo'd the thing in a music shop and I knew it was gonna be good, BUT OMG its just insanely great.

Tone Tone Tone. I used to think that it HAD to be tubes or this new fangled digitally moddled stuff. But in my opinion the Sansamp gear sounds more realistic thatn the modelling stuff (well the pods and things i tried out)

It is a close to a loud cranking thick valve sound I ever heard, and the best thing is the mods and amp settings.

Another great thing, you might know this but if not try it. When using the GT2 the guitar volume nob acts like a gain nob. So instead of reducing the volume, down to about 4/5 it stays the same volume but cleans up!! Its so cool. So i can set the pedal to a scorching thikc lead, then back off the vol control to get a cleaner growl for rhythm. SWEET

....to the point where i no longer need my (very expensive) morphing features of the digitech 2120 to pull off Tender Surrender. I set the pedal to the max gain that I need for the tune , then back off the vol nob, and put the pick-up on the front-middle split combination. It cleans up crystal sounding and with a nice warm body and strat sound to it. Now I cant even stand turning on my digitech and hearing the DISGUSTING od/dist sounds, I cant believe I pauid so much money for something that sounds so bad.

Infact after i'm done using the FX section (with my now trusty GT2 in the fx loop) for recording my album i'm gonna sell it and just get chorus phaser, whammy, delay pedals etc etc Or at least just a dedictaed multi fx.

Thanks tp everyone that helped me choose the pedal! Now if all those who use one of them could give me some settings they use for a Vai, Satch, DT sound I would really appreciate it. Thanks again!!!!!

Track7

See less See more
#2 ·
Got my SANSAMP GT2, wow!

I used to sleep with my SansAmp GT-2. :)
It's the one pedal I can take to gigs, plug it into ANY amp (yes- even the little POS ones) and know that my tone will be good. It's also the ONLY pedal I have to take.

Remember: the pots have a VERY wide sweep, so moving them even the smallest bit can change your tone dramatically. There's SO MUCH available on that one little pedal. Pod, schmod. :)

Here's a good site for GT-2 settings.
http://members.tripod.com/Milaa/SansAmpGT2/indexGT2.html
(sorry for the popups)
Check out Page 5 for DT settings.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.