Guitar Center - your opinion? - Page 7 - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #91 of 105 (permalink) Old 06-15-2007, 05:36 PM
Banned

Re: Guitar Center - your opinion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darin View Post
I've heard a guy play through an old Sears Silvertone in big concert. With a BD-2 it was unbelievable. It's quite a good tube head if you have your own gain pedals. Not that it's worth $1,400. But maybe it's got some magic you just can't get in todays amps.

My latest with GC is that the Schecter I ordered, The Exotic Star. Now they can't get it. It not in stock anywhere int he country. So I jump on the Bay, and find one in Kansas. It's now on it's way. GC gave me my money back an it'll oall work out in the end I suppose. But it was a reminder why I don't do GC.

Here it is on the bay 150119046015

My 13 year old daughter saved the $650 and bought it with her own money. Which is darn cool. I hope it's as cool I expect it to be.

And here she and it is: She's quite happy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 105 (permalink) Old 06-15-2007, 06:30 PM

wow!! hot! the guitar i mean... but your daughter is pretty too!
that's one of my favorite schecters, tell her congrats! i'm sure she'll love it!

Last edited by yoyo1299; 06-15-2007 at 07:10 PM.
post #93 of 105 (permalink) Old 06-15-2007, 07:06 PM

Tell her congrats for me...
post #94 of 105 (permalink) Old 06-15-2007, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waylay00 View Post
I honestly don't mind it all, at least when I'm able to go when there aren't 500 million kids running around playing on their Crate SS's with the gain dimed.

Actually, at the Memphis GC, we have some very stable employees, and the manager is actually one of the best, if not the best, guitar players in the whole area. Plus, if you know how to set up guitars, the whole lifetime setup thing doesn't matter anyways. But, then again, there aren't many good guitar stores in Memphis (surprisingly)
There's quite a few guitar stores in Nashville, but most of them don't carry Ibanez. But, yeah, GC doesn't set up its guitars. I was playing an RG2550, and when I did a divebomb, I noticed that the only strings that were even moving were the bottom ones. I tried a bunch of other guitars equipped with locking trems, including a Jackson USA Rhoads, and they all had that same problem. I don't have a guitar with a Floyd, but I've played plenty, and I'm fairly sure that that's not normal. However, everyone who works there is nice and knowledgeable, so I'm a regular customer.

Last edited by Holy Katana; 06-15-2007 at 08:36 PM.
post #95 of 105 (permalink) Old 06-15-2007, 11:44 PM
Banned

In all honesty, the life time set up thing isn't because I cant do my own set ups. But I'm just too lazy too. I Don't feel like even changing my own strings anymore. Not when I can drop it off and demo amps and other guitars while my strings get changed for me. It's a great racket really. I'm sure they sell more gear while your waiting for your strings to get changed.
post #96 of 105 (permalink) Old 06-15-2007, 11:51 PM

how is your daughter liking her guitar?
post #97 of 105 (permalink) Old 06-15-2007, 11:53 PM
Banned

Yep, I'll see if I can get a clip of her playing it in a day or so.
post #98 of 105 (permalink) Old 06-16-2007, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyo1299 View Post
how is your daughter liking her guitar?
Someone's crushing
post #99 of 105 (permalink) Old 06-16-2007, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Yep, I'll see if I can get a clip of her playing it in a day or so.
You let her run that through the JSX?

That's what a GOOD Father would do *wink wink*

post #100 of 105 (permalink) Old 06-16-2007, 04:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcid View Post
Someone's crushing
only a matter of time before you chimed in haha! i was thinkin the same thing but hey they're close in age so it's okay lol
post #101 of 105 (permalink) Old 06-16-2007, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcid View Post
Someone's crushing
haha very funny
post #102 of 105 (permalink) Old 06-16-2007, 08:50 AM

Quote:
And here she and it is: She's quite happy.
I am so happy for your daughter, Darin.
post #103 of 105 (permalink) Old 12-09-2007, 11:00 PM

When I was amp shopping, I talked to a helpful fellow at the local GC in Southfield MI. I told him which amps I liked but that the overhead music was too loud. He wheeled them into the acoustic room for me and said; "blast away". I said: ..."what about those guys over there?"

He said: "So what! Let me know if I can help further".

I worked a Boogie over for about 25 minutes & dug it. He's been my helpful assistant there ever since.

But it is Guitar Center...it is what it is.
post #104 of 105 (permalink) Old 12-10-2007, 12:51 AM

I've had experiences that are wide ranging at GC. The one here in town is a fairly limited store, but it's big. I say it's limited because they can't carry some of the brands I'd like to see. I went up north to some of the music stores in Portland OR (some cool stores) and the GC in Beaverton had tons of brands but almost all the Mesa's were Rectifiers. Not one Mark of F-series. They had one VHT, one Soldano, no Bogner, no Rivera, none of the other boutique amps. Guitar wise they didn't have one EBMM in the place, but lots of cheap Fender, Ibanez, Jackson, and Schecters. The staff was slightly lacking.

I greatly prefer my hometown GC. The people are great, and they can special order me anything I want.
post #105 of 105 (permalink) Old 12-10-2007, 02:27 AM

Reviews: 1

Dante's 5 level of Hell... on its way to graduating...

Tags
amp head , base plate , cliplock strap , combo amp , dimarzio cliplock , dimarzio cliplock strap , ebony fingerboard , electric guitar , guitar players , guitar shop , guitar tech , ibanez amps , ibanez dealer , ibanez guitars , ibanez jem , iron maiden , les paul , locking trems , mesa boogie , mick thompson , monkey grip , music store , peavey rockmaster , playing guitar , recto cab , sam ash , stomp box , tube amp , tube head

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode