guitar Center's having a sale!!!!! - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-16-2006, 10:51 AM Thread Starter

Exclamation guitar Center's having a sale!!!!!

Haha does anyone notice that guitar center has the same "2-day very last chance to save" sale every weekend? It reminds me of Kohl's.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-16-2006, 12:15 PM

Re: guitar Center's having a sale!!!!!

Yeah. If you go the day before the sale and look at the prices, there actually higher the next day with a percentage taken off, which saves you actually nothing. There memorial day sale was complete BS too this year. I remember a couple years ago they actually would have crap marked down super low. I got a rg570 for $279 in mint condition, an ada mp1 for $59, a blue voodoo cab w/ 4 12's for $199. It all changed about 2 years ago. This year I bought a set of Maudio bx5's for $150 (demos). Get home plug em in and bam! The tweeters are blown to crap and it sounds like I got a fuzz box running. Tried to return them and they said I blew em. Ive spent over $5500 over the last five years and I get this kind of crap. Fuch Guitar Center is all I can say, at least the one by me sucks. I will never even buy a pick from these pricks again.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-16-2006, 01:30 PM
rgr

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemuniverse777
Tried to return them and they said I blew em. Ive spent over $5500 over the last five years and I get this kind of crap.
A) Always try out in store if at all possible.

B) GC has a 30 day return policy, take them back, talk to a manager if necessary. If not, call the corporate offices.

Yeah, their huge markdowns are against retail prices, not their standard selling price. I don't even go to their sales except maybe to pick up a box of strings for $30 or something. If you want a good deal ANYTIME, walk in, pull out cash and make a reasonable offer, then let them talk. If they don't take the offer, walk away with your cash. This strategy is for anywhere, not just GC (furniture stores, whatever). If you have to use their financing, they already have the upper hand.
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-16-2006, 02:07 PM

Yeah, it's funny how GC has a friggin sale, about every week, and yet, the "sale" prices are the same prices you get, anywhere, anyday. I like when they say "70% off"................yeah, off LIST, you goddam A##@$&*s!
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-16-2006, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemuniverse777
Ive spent over $5500 over the last five years and I get this kind of crap. Fuch Guitar Center is all I can say, at least the one by me sucks. I will never even buy a pick from these pricks again.
Wow....you've spent that kind of cash there and they wouldn't help you out in your situtation?? That's rediculous and TERRIBLE customer service.

Did you bring management into it and explain your case? Not that you should have to as they'd have your $ 5,500 total on the computers. Way to take care your your great customers and keep their loyalty GC!!

I also love the way the sale / special advertisments your receive in the mail always say either: VIP or valued customer. The first one I received I thought I was special or something

I personally will not step foot in the place these days.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-16-2006, 02:45 PM
rgr

Actually, the stores I usually deal with on larger items, DCGL, give better prices and have better service everyday. Around 60% of list is their normal price, depending on model, manufacturer, etc...
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-16-2006, 03:32 PM

i hate GC but it is nice how you can haggle off the proces fairly easily. I bought a dimebag Crybaby last week for a 105. I aslo bought EMG 81/85 set pickups and a Boss DS-1 for a little more than 200. So i guess putting up with those obnoxious kids who don't know s*** about anything pays off. I really hate the sales people over there, they think they are so cool, are very disrespectful, and don't know how to speak properly.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-16-2006, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJEMMER777
Wow....you've spent that kind of cash there and they wouldn't help you out in your situtation?? That's rediculous and TERRIBLE customer service.
That is really bad customer service. I would be on the phone immediately if talking to their manager did not solve it...
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-17-2006, 07:55 AM

Some idiot from a GC had what he thought was a Charvel, posted on e.bay. The damned thing had some rickety-ass tuners, and a cheap EVH paintjob on it. But because some idiot put a Charvel decal on the headstock, THIS yutz thought it was one! I called him on it, and told him to change his description. He admitted he didn't know guitars...............................So, why the HELL are YOU the one posting it?! GC is simply the McDonalds of music: Same morons, but no crappy uniform.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-17-2006, 08:02 AM

I actually like my local GC . But then again when one local store is charging $1,000 for LTD's and the other is charging 1,699$ for a DBK, Guitar center is my best bet
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-17-2006, 09:57 AM

Their used gear is usually reasonably priced unless it says "Gibson" on it. They can't bear to have decent, preowned guitars taking up space when they have 200 BC Rich Bronze series guitars to sell.
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-17-2006, 01:53 PM

I went there to buy an amp, I got a vox ad100vt, oh nice u say, no the amp sucks ass, they told me it had tubes in it, that was a joke, THIS IS A METAL AMP!!! (one of the guys told me) my guitars sound like **** when I play on this amp, (and I have a good guitar). There is a preset u cant change were if u dont quickly turn the volume nob the amp will blast a huge pop the first time u play! I HATE U GC.

P.S. they need to change there strings once in awhile!
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-17-2006, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalguitarist7778
I went there to buy an amp, I got a vox ad100vt, oh nice u say, no the amp sucks ass, they told me it had tubes in it, that was a joke, THIS IS A METAL AMP!!! (one of the guys told me) my guitars sound like **** when I play on this amp, (and I have a good guitar). There is a preset u cant change were if u dont quickly turn the volume nob the amp will blast a huge pop the first time u play! I HATE U GC.

Not really the Guitar Center's fault, you should have tried it out before you bought. A metal vox tube amp huh?
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-17-2006, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalguitarist7778

I have the AD15VT and mine sounds great. Of course it's only 15watts and I use it for playing at home and recording. They have a tube preamp. They are a hybrid amp. As far as distortion/gain is concerned, if you put a TS808 in front of it you can have all the distortion you want. At least, I couldn't imagine wanting anymore. You should have played before you bought it, duh.

But that is just my opinion. And something like this can be very subjective.

BTW....I bought mine at guitar center. It was priced well and I got to try it out. That's why I bought it there. I can't say much for the staff. They can sometimes be helpfull or sometimes stupid and ignorant. I go for the prices. If I have a problem with whatever I buy, I can take it back and I can try it before I buy it. Those are some of the reasons I go there and don't buy online (mostly).

The sales are joke and personally insutling. They must think people are stupid to believe that crap. Who knows, maybe they are?

My 2 pennies.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-17-2006, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demiurge
Their used gear is usually reasonably priced unless it says "Gibson" on it. They can't bear to have decent, preowned guitars taking up space when they have 200 BC Rich Bronze series guitars to sell.
Or PRS for that matter... but given what they go for normally they still sell them for a good price. Granted it's high...

Tags
blue voodoo , tube amp , tube preamp

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode