Guitar Names - interesting subject, isn't it? - Page 5 - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 73 (permalink) Old 08-19-2002, 06:32 PM

floral pattern-Id
dbk-Marla Singer
jackson-hayabusa
epiphone-mini-v(like mini me...its a mini.....v......get it?)
peavey-scratch
the last three are all generic kinds,i dont even know the model names.i dont play them much
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 73 (permalink) Old 08-19-2002, 08:44 PM

Okay, here they are. I plan on getting more guitars in the future.

Jackson Dinky trans green flame maple-Frog(cause it's green. This is my main axe)
Fender Acoustic-Skank(it's all ugly and the tops scared up. Plays and sounds decent)

Don't have these anymore.

Ibanez RGsomething black-dumbass bat(I only owned it for about two days. The neck was all out of adjustment, and I didn't know how to adjust it)
Peavey Red Strat-Red Fox(first guitar. Kinda miss it. It was very crappy and beat up, but it had it's magic)
Peavey white P-bass- White Fox(first bass. It was pretty good quality)
post #63 of 73 (permalink) Old 08-20-2002, 08:22 PM

Reviews: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethn
floral pattern-Id
dbk-Marla Singer
jackson-hayabusa
epiphone-mini-v(like mini me...its a mini.....v......get it?)
peavey-scratch
the last three are all generic kinds,i dont even know the model names.i dont play them much

DBK - Marla Singer! Genius!! LOL!!

Okay, some of mine.

PRS Std - 'Cilla, short for PRScilla, as in," "Cilla, darlin, wouldja get me another one -a -them peanutbutter an 'nanner samiches while yer up? And don't forget the Pepsi salad on yer way back."

Jem BSB( sadly, she's no longer with me) - Betty Sue Baxter.

Red Warmoth strat - Blue

Blue Ibanez Rg 570CST - Red ( of course)
post #64 of 73 (permalink) Old 08-20-2002, 09:21 PM

Jem77FP - "KOA"

[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0LAAAAHUP1E!2ld9uZvathVDcEHs5kwywzStNfeVQ50*GAbBgV tOQ70vSxv!Irv4fGt2CU4FZKK4/fp0.jpg[/img]

Modified Washburn BT10 - "Blue Meanie"

Les Paul Studio 100 - "Laru" (as in La Rouge...because it's trans. red )

Vintage Ibanez PF300 - "Hurry-up-and-rewire-me-ya-baystid"
post #65 of 73 (permalink) Old 08-21-2002, 10:44 AM

I have a sour apple sparkle 570 that stays in the case most of the time. Maybe I should name it "Recluse".
post #66 of 73 (permalink) Old 08-21-2002, 10:47 AM

I named my JS100 'Red Dwarf' coz the tone out of it is so HUGE yet it looks tiny in the hands of a big person (namely, my dad )
post #67 of 73 (permalink) Old 08-21-2002, 05:45 PM

My first Ibanez was an RG-470DX in metallic puke green. I named it "Lawn Boy" as a tip of the proverbal hat to Satch.

Thats's it for names.

-Drew
post #68 of 73 (permalink) Old 08-21-2002, 09:51 PM

They don't come when I call them anyway so why bother naming them.
post #69 of 73 (permalink) Old 08-21-2002, 09:55 PM

It's the name you call 'em when ya bitch slap da baystids
post #70 of 73 (permalink) Old 08-24-2002, 12:38 PM

I've simply named my guitars.

Ibanez Jem 7VWH - Steve

Jackson RR3(Randy Rhoads model for all you un-Jackson people) - Randy

and my new soon to be bought Jackson Soloist is unamed at the moment.. I'll post again soon!
post #71 of 73 (permalink) Old 08-29-2002, 03:29 AM

78' Les paul custom - The log. lol I call it this because it's around 40 damn pounds and it's got PAF pros in it and i tune it to C and the ****in thing sounds as heavey as a wet carpet. lmao)
96' RG450BK - Hope. I call it hope because my wife hope that it'll one day get me somewhere and my own reason is one day i HOPE i'll finish modding the thing! lol

Custom EKG Jem - Dark Evo or Heaven. I plan on naming it one of these after i order it from Eddie and figure out how i want it. THe name is derived from the fact i want a Trans blue swirl from Herc Fede with Blue vine inlays and the headstock stuff (ibanez logo and jem logo i guess you could call it) done in saphire blue or neon blue. Oh and Cosmo Black or Chrome hardware. lol Ah... to dream!

~Mike
post #72 of 73 (permalink) Old 08-29-2002, 05:51 AM

Reviews: 2
I only put names on some guitars

My Eggles were 'named' with QC ID's. When I removed the trussrod cover there they were.

So they are Iggy, T-16, Cag, and the black one. T-16 is cool as wasn't that the new speeder that superceeded Luke Skywalkers or something. The Black one didn't have a mark so didn't get a name.

I can't be bothered naming the rest but some good names are

Fender HM Strat = Perkie (as it's pink)
Yamaha Violin = PPG Phphphseudo Paul Gilbert
Epi Les Paul 7 = Superterrorizer
Ibanez PGM10th = Drool
Ibanez PGM500 = Rosie
RG2027 = 7DT-Bane
JEM7VWH = Elvis
post #73 of 73 (permalink) Old 08-29-2002, 10:05 PM

Reviews: 30
My 7-string (RG7-421) with custom blue to black burst paint(which has nothing to do with the name) has been dubbed "Gunther". Next guitar: "Pearl".

Tags
beautiful guitar , candy apple red , chrome hardware , crystal planet , custom shop , dimarzio super distortion , electric guitar , epi les paul , fender strat , fender stratocaster , flame maple , gibson les paul , gibson les paul custom , gibson les paul studio , gold lace sensors , herc fede , ibanez guitars , ibanez jem , ibanez john petrucci , ibanez pgm , jackson dinky , jackson kelly , jackson soloist , jem bsb , jem dna , jem lng , john petrucci , kramer pacer , lace sensor , lace sensors , left handed guitar , les paul , les paul custom , les paul studio , loch ness green , paf pro , paf pros , parker fly , parker fly deluxe , paul gilbert , randy rhoads , seymour duncan , squire strat , stephen carpenter , strat plus , strat style , string acoustic , string bass , super distortion , swamp ash , trussrod cover , tung oil , warmoth strat , wolfgang special

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in