Harmonizers - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-07-2005, 01:33 AM Thread Starter

Harmonizers

Im looking to get a harmonizer of some sort. Ive looked at the Boss ones and they seem cool. I cant afford the Eventide ones.

The 2 Boss ones I found were......

The Boss PS5 Super Shifter

And The Boss Boss HR-2 Harmonist Harmonizer

Im kinda leaning towards the PS5. Does anyone have any experiance with this pedal or any other Harmonizers that arnt super expensive?
Any info would be great!
Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-07-2005, 07:50 AM

Re: Harmonizers

i don't think the pitch shifter is really a harmonizer. meaning you can;t pick the key you will be playing in. i think it only lets you pick the amount of half steps between the notes. i'm not positive though
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-07-2005, 10:44 AM

Those 2 models you mentioned are horrible. Have owned both of them long enough to give them a proper workout. The HR-2 is marginally better and is barely OK using a second amp. For great value, intelligent harmonizer, you can't beat the Zoom G2.
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-07-2005, 03:40 PM Thread Starter

there is no way that a $99 zoom multi effects unit has a better harmonizer than a boss that is a 1 or 2 function unit! Ive owned a few Zooms before and they were just too fake sounding for me. Plus I really dont want nor do I need all the other effects.

Last edited by Progdude; 12-07-2005 at 06:23 PM.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-07-2005, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Progdude
there is no way that a $99 zoom multi effects unit has a better harmonizer than a boss that is a 1 or 2 function unit! Ive owned a few Zooms before and they were just too fake sounding for me. Plus I really dont want nor do I need all the other effects.
Dude, you say that but have you even listened to the Zoom's harmonizer? Until you have, you definitely shouldn't dismiss it out of hand (especially since several people have already suggested it to you).
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-07-2005, 07:44 PM Thread Starter

I know. And I havent dismissed it. I just really dont need all the extra effects that it has! I just want the harmonizer. that and the fact that I really didnt like zooms stuff at all before. too fake sounding. But I will give er a try. But Id like some clips if possible!
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-07-2005, 08:53 PM

I've had a few zooms. The 9002, a PS-02, a 505 built into a little Fernandes Nomad guitar, and the FX built into the MRS-8 multitracker. None of the FX were great; serviceable sounds for the money and era, and they were secondary to the main reason I bought the units.

BUT. None of the harmonizers were "intelligent", so this is obviously a new chip. And that sound bite sounds pretty good - as good as my Boss VF-1 multieffect's harmonizer, anyway (though I still think the old Digitech edges it out). It's hard to tell with all the FX loaded on that patch, though.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-08-2005, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Progdude
You're absolutely right. The Zoom G2 is a piece of sh!t just like the Zoom's you've owned previously. There is nothing out there that can beat BOSS pedals, they are the ultimate in tone and functionality. Go ahead and get the PS5 or even the HR2...you won't regret it.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-08-2005, 11:58 AM Thread Starter

well Ill be checking out the ps5 today!
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-08-2005, 07:15 PM

Excellent news. If you can't afford an eventide, a BOSS pedal is the next best choice. Make sure you have a credit card/cash with you and allow yourself to succumb to impulse.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-08-2005, 10:09 PM Thread Starter

I checked out the ps5. not impressed unfortionately. But I tried the Boss GT8 and HOLY **** its great!!! I seriously might sell all my other effects and get one!

Tags
boss pedal , boss pedals , pitch shifter

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

how to use a intelligent harmonizers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode