help with boss gt 10 - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-05-2012, 09:47 PM Thread Starter

help with boss gt 10

hi recently i brought a boss gt 10 guitar processor.... when it was new it had a patch on there which if u pluck or strum hard on the bridge pickup would play drive and if you play softly it would sound absolutely clean. if u played it hard on any other pickup position its would sound clean but only drive would kick in when played hard on the bridge pickup... well i lost that patch now and i cannot find it anywhere... anyone know where i can find it of the name of the patch?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-06-2012, 04:48 PM

Reviews: 12
Re: help with boss gt 10

The GT-8 had a feature where it would switch between two amps so you could hvae one clean one dirty you cna set the picking intesity to go from A-B so the lighter plays the clean amp and the harder dirty amp, I would think the GT-10 ha that feature also.

The simplest way to get it back is restore to factory settings, I would check out Boss GT central and really learn how to change what you want in the unit, take s abit longer but is worth it...
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-06-2012, 08:44 PM

No need. The factory presets are stored alongside the user presets...just cycle a bit till you reach them.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-06-2012, 10:05 PM

The owners manual has all the factory patches along with their descriptions & call numbers on the last few pages. Just look it up!
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-08-2012, 11:15 AM

Reviews: 18

Yep, look at the owner's manual and it should tell you which one it is. I believe Boss calls it "dynamic mode". Unless you have a ton of custom patches, you can always reset the unit to factory specs and it should bring back the patch.

Boss generally gives you half of the available presets to create on your own and half are the factory presets which cannot be overwritten.

Jimmy
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-08-2012, 11:48 AM Thread Starter

thanks guys ill have a look in the manual. if not ill just reset the gt10 and look for them.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-08-2012, 01:42 PM

Dude, I'll repeat. There's no need to reset. There are two sets of presets in the GT-10. One is for the user, and the other set is the factory presets. When you reset it, it basically copies the factory presets over to the user presets. If you go to U01-1 and move the circle anti-clockwise you should get to the factory presets. The factory presets are not editable, so the patch you are looking for is still there.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-08-2012, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper-sfm View Post
Dude, I'll repeat. There's no need to reset. There are two sets of presets in the GT-10. One is for the user, and the other set is the factory presets. When you reset it, it basically copies the factory presets over to the user presets. If you go to U01-1 and move the circle anti-clockwise you should get to the factory presets. The factory presets are not editable, so the patch you are looking for is still there.
Absolutely true. Don't need to reset if you don't want to. The U-banks are user definable, but the P-banks are preset & can't be overwritten. If the patch you want is a factory patch, it's still in there. No reset required. Just look up the patch number in your manual.

Tags
roland boss gt 10

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode