HELP Flatulant Amp!!!! - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-16-2009, 05:27 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 5
HELP Flatulant Amp!!!!

I was playing a small gig today, and my Mesa Boogie F30 "quit" on me. I had it turned up louder than I usually do (around 1 o'clock) but I had taken the gain down, and I don't think this was the problem. All of a sudden, when I kicked my octave pedal on, the amp made an intermittent farting noise. BRRMP.....BRRRMP....BRRMP. I turned off the octave, and it went away, but then came back when I kicked my fuzz on (same pedal-Pigtronix Disnortion). I then turned off my amp, and plugged directly into it. It worked fine for a minute, then the same thing happened, on all channels. Someone had an old Peavey they let me plug into, and I had no trouble (amp or pedals-and I did use the Pigtronix) through that.

I retubed the amp (pre and power amp) with Eurotubes (which have been great) about a month ago. So, I'm unsure what the problem is. Anyone have ideas???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-16-2009, 07:18 PM

Re: HELP Flatulant Amp!!!!

Indigestion??
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-16-2009, 07:31 PM

Sounds like the speakers have blown. The only other thing I know causes problems like that with speakers, is when the cabinet uses porting thats badly designed.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-18-2009, 11:36 AM Thread Starter

Reviews: 5

So here's an update. I played around with it at home, and even with the dirty channel around 9:00 if I really dug into chords the same thing would happen. When I used the channel switch on the amp, it would happen too. Then I tried changing power tubes, and everything worked fine, even when pushed. The power tubes were only 4 months old, so I'm wondering if it is something to do with the fixed bias of the amp??? Or did I just blow the tubes? (I only play about 2 hours or less a week)

Tags
amp trouble

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode