Help me find a bass amp for my needs - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 02-26-2009, 11:16 AM Thread Starter

Reviews: 3
Help me find a bass amp for my needs

Last bass rig I had was a pair of cabinets, 1x18 and 4x10 and I think a 1,000W head. I could never fit that in my car or apartment anymore and I really don't need anything that size. Haven't even played much bass in the last 5+ years. However, I'm starting again in a band as a bassist. I need an amp and I don't know where to start.

Here's my thoughts on amp shopping:
- I drive a compact car and so does everyone in the band
- My bass is a 5 string with fairly hot active electronics (18v preamp), so I recall a lot of combos even had a problem handling that.
- We play 60's revival kind of music
- The drummer doesn't hit all that hard (he's not super loud)
- We'll probably be playing mostly in basements and small bars/clubs with 30-50 people

Is there a combo amp worthy of this? I don't want to get something too small where I have to trust that the club will have a PA that is capable of making me heard. I have absolutely zero interest in getting something capable of much more than the basic outline of needs mentioned above. I also don't want to spend a fortune (I'd probably be looking for something used for a few hundred bucks).

Thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
bass amp

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode