Ibanez JEM Forum banner
2K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  7 Dying Trees 
#1 ·
Hi Everybody!!!

I hope somebody can help me, I got these stuff but I dont know what kind of output do I need, I heard that to run the Mesa Pre Rec live I need a Power Amp...

Furman Power Conditioner
TC G-Force
Mesa Boogie Rectifier Recording Pre

I want to do some live gigs, but what kind of Output suits me better? Do I need a Power Amp for the Rec Pre? what is best?

#2 ·
you definitely need a power amp and a matching cab to go with that setup. To get the full-on Recto tone with that Pre, you might as well get a 2:100. However, you can find other tube power amps of the same or lesser wattage to give ya a Recto tone with a punch that would only be defined by which power amp is used.
Not sure what your budget is but ya can check into the older Mesa power amps [2:95, 3:95] or a 2:90 as they have the Simul-class system that makes the guitar sound "3D". If 90W is a little bit too much, ya can look at a Mesa 50/50 [or 2:50]. If Mesa isn't up your alley, ya can check up VHT poweramps.
As for the rest of the gear, you'll need a midi pedal for the G-Force and a midi switching system [like a GCX] to control the amp and whatever patches you have on there :)

Reg

#3 ·
I've got a VHT 2/50/2 and it blew away my old JCM800. Great amp. If you want more low end go for the 2/90/2.

You won't be disappointed in VHT. Amps or cabs.

BTW, also had a G-Force. Great effects and killer pitch tracking. The secrets are in the Mods and Matrix.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.