Help with pod/studio monitor project - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-28-2003, 12:55 AM Thread Starter

Help with pod/studio monitor project

Hi everyone,

I have a line 6 pod (don't laugh) that I run stereo through two 15w practice amps. Even with the amps zeroed out (flat eq) it sounds like crap compared to using the pod with headphones. I can't afford a Mesa dual rec, which is what I want, but I was considering a small power amp and some studio reference monitor speakers as an alternative. This only used in my home and not for gigging. Would anybody have any recommendations for a setup like this. My two amps are a Peavey Rage 158 and a Crate G15XL and they don't sound good alone on a good day. Thanks in advance!

Ryan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-20-2003, 03:38 AM

The only thing a Pod really sound good through is a PA poweramp or such. And if you use cabs after that you HAVE to turn the cab sim off. I myself use a Pod Pro, just love it. Great unit, the fx sucks though, but that's why I have a G-major. I'm getting a Phonic Poweramp and a Behringer Cab (stereo version) for it. This is just for monitoring on stage, no damn mics on my gear ;P
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-20-2003, 02:41 PM

To each his own...PODs can sound fine through a variety of setups, it's personal preference as to what sounds good to your ears.

If you are only using it to practice and what not, why not just try and run it through your stereo or PC. I monitor my POD Pro through my Dell and it sounds great to me. I think trademark makes something called the power engine or something like that. It's just a powered speaker made for plugging into preamps like the POD. I've never heard it, but maybe that would work. Basically, anything with a power section and speakers will work....just have to find something you like.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-20-2003, 02:55 PM
Banned

Or if you want the cheap rout, just go to a Best Buy or Circuit City and buy a set of decent computer speakers with a sub.

Tags
mesa dual , pod pro , power amp , practice amp

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode