Help with rack - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-08-2006, 02:35 PM Thread Starter

Help with rack

I'm going to be ordering stuff for my new amp very soon and I have a few questions. So far i've set myself on the Behringer V-AMP PRO, Behringer BTR2000 tuner, and Furman M-8 power conditioner(although the last two aren't important for this thread). I'm still up in flames about what power amp to get. I'd like to keep it around $200(new or used). Also, would an ADA MP-1 be overkill since the PRO is a preamp or would it liven it up with real tube tone?

Thanks guys.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-08-2006, 02:52 PM

Re: Help with rack

you can't run 2 preamps into one another, it sounds like ****. If it wasn't a preamp like, say a modulation unit or a G-major, it would work better. But all you would get is noise if you put a V-amp and a ADA together. You'd be better off getting a BBE for the V-amp..The only decient Power amp for under $200 is the MosValve MV-962 or a ADA Microtube 100..
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-08-2006, 03:02 PM

I say stick with the Behringer V-Amp Pro all the way. The ADA is great dont get me wrong, but its not as versatile as the V-Amp. The poweramp (for me) is the most important part. Some people say power is power, but of course its all your opinion. For $200 try finding a Peavey, or an older Marshall poweramp used. If your looking for new, then Behringer may be a good bet again.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-08-2006, 03:19 PM Thread Starter

Thanks guys. I'll look around the bay for one and i'll post a wtt/wtb thread in the next few days. I don't know how effective the BBE is going to be though. I mean, does it really make a difference?
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-08-2006, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirbrandon101 View Post
Thanks guys. I'll look around the bay for one and i'll post a wtt/wtb thread in the next few days. I don't know how effective the BBE is going to be though. I mean, does it really make a difference?
many people would say so.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-08-2006, 03:56 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfiend14 View Post
many people would say so.

LOL. After just reading some reviews on it a few minutes ago, i'm very interested in it.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-08-2006, 04:07 PM

and you can get them mad cheap too, I think I picked mine up for like $40.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-08-2006, 04:57 PM

May I suggest a push up bra?

Tags
power amp , tube tone

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode