Hotrodding a TBR1 - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-13-2003, 05:38 AM Thread Starter

Hotrodding a TBR1

I've come to the conclusion that I do have a TBR1, even if it does have weird front panel and no swiitches/pots on the rear. In any case, the gain on the lead channel is nice, but not enough for my tastes, so, does anyone know how to go about upping it? Would the SL version of this amp have all the gain required or do most people use an overdrive pedal?

Basically I am interested in adding to the gain stage and having someone modify it. Would it require modifications to the amp chassis and extra valves? Would I need diagrams of rivera and has anyone attempted this before?

Basically I want to be able to use it in a simple rack with just a noise gate and a tuner and without any extra pedals chained in front

Any help appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-13-2003, 09:06 AM

Your best bet would be to just give Paul Rivera Sr. a quick call. He's been VERY helpful to me in regards to my TBRs, and is an all-around cool guy to deal with. He may be able to run your serial number as well and tell you exactly what the deal is with your amp. I'm sure that he could point you in the right direction as far as making some mods as well.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-13-2003, 09:12 AM

I think Kevan has his number James

If you want Kev's contact details then give me a buzz
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-13-2003, 10:33 AM

Rivera's number is (81833-7066. Just ask for Paul Sr. and if the receptionist asks, just tell her that you've got some TBR questions

You can try e-mailing at [email protected], but...it'll be a LOT faster to just give them a call.

Good luck!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-13-2003, 10:34 AM

Nice one Chris

Tags
overdrive pedal

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

rivera m60 similar to tbr1-sl?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode