How have you dropped your guitar? - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-14-2003, 04:47 PM Thread Starter

How have you dropped your guitar?

hey im brand new here. so hello. (im sorry im new and i didnt know where exactly to post this at)
last week i dropped my guitar which im planning on selling. it has never had any scratches at all. i took a lot of care for it. and one day last week or something i was thinking about this problem i had, and i ws changin practice space, which required me to unhook everything and move it. well i wsa feeling kin of bummed bc of it so i didnt disconnect the pedal and amp, and assumed my guitar had been disconnected, which was lying on the bed. as i pulled my amp and pedal more, i felt the cable get stuck. i pulled harder and then i heard the crash.
god it hurt. my guitar now sports her first dent.
have u ever dropped ur guitar??? and how?

cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-14-2003, 04:51 PM
EKG

Welcome to the forum...

I remember I got my first Universe (Green/Black). Put it in the case, forgot to latch it, a few minutes later, I went to pick it up...WHAM! It flew out of the case onto the concrete floor :-(
post #3 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-14-2003, 04:51 PM
Vendor

I had my Les Paul strapped on and bent over to the nightstand to grab a cig, of course the strap flipped off and my LP dropped straight down onto my big toe!! Good thing I was on 2 qualudes or it would have really hurt!!!
post #4 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-14-2003, 04:54 PM
EKG

How does almost every story relate to a cig and 2 ludes?!!

You kill me, Rich!!

And, DANG!! An LP on the big toe?!? YES! That would hurt!
post #5 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-14-2003, 05:31 PM

never dropped a guitar, yet... :knock on wood:
post #6 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-14-2003, 07:50 PM

I don't think I've ever fully dropped mine, tho it's fallen off the strap once, which I managed to catch cuz I was playing at the time (don't know how it fell off, and it hasn't since). I almost dropped my friend's Les Paul, he almost killed me, luckily it was an Epiphone. I do however have numerous paint marks on the headstock of my Strat from hitting the walls going down the stairs a few times, and once going through my cieling fan while lifting the strap over my head, while the fan was turned on.
post #7 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-14-2003, 07:52 PM

oh yeah, I've done it a couple of times, but like all traumatic experiences - up goes the defense net & out goes the memory and all their horrid details
post #8 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-14-2003, 10:30 PM

Once whilst i was still using my squier strat, the strap just gave up on me, and wham! put an inch long scratch in it. Sold it a few weeks later

With my RG now (my only instrument) Ive put quite a few nicks and dents in it (quite a lot considering its only 6 months old!) A few on the headstock when walking into doors/walls/etc, a few on the body where i took the trem out with the strigns attached, and accidentally swung the trem into the body, a big chip in the rear trem cavity as the pliers or whatever theyre called slipped as i was putting the springs back in, one on the side where i flipped hte guitar over whlst i was workign on it on my bed, and hit the bedside cupboard on the way. I reckon ive also gained a few scratches during jam sessions in the schools drum room which is tiny, with various encounters with the cymbals, my friends head, and also when i got really mad once and decided to attempt to whack my friend with the axe.

Every scratch/dent tells a different story.
post #9 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-14-2003, 10:55 PM

f nnn straps man

I was putting my lead through my strap using 2 hands when

d
o
w
n

it went.

Landed on the tiled floor and shattered and shashed off the bottom end paint. Luckly it was on the edge of the bottom that faces your body. **** man i have 2000 close experiences though.
post #10 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-15-2003, 05:17 AM

I've had:

-> an ashtray vibrate of an amp and onto the lower horn of my s series, chipping the paint down to the wood

->my pride and joy at the time, a BCRich warlock fell of the stand cracking the finish on the headstock

->My freinds guitar which i took to get fixed and had no chips fell out of the gig bag on the way home and smacked the concrete pavement. oooooops .....

and may other mishaps resulting in dents and nicks on guitars :/
post #11 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-15-2003, 06:46 AM

the day after someone told me that i literally kicked my guitar all around the floor.
i was piss-drunk, of course.
post #12 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-15-2003, 07:18 AM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1
I've had a couple of nasties.

The owrst one was when the wood/screw joint of my rear strap pin on my RG550 gave out, the strap stayed on the screw, the screw left the guitar and CRASH. Huge dent in the guitar, but ironically it's never sounded better!!!
post #13 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-15-2003, 07:58 AM

Well, don't make me remember my last experience.... I still can't really talk about it.... OKay, it fell off the stand because I somehow got entangled in the cable. This resulted in some chipping and a broken neck . I repaired that tough, so no biggie (not anymore, I cried for weeks, no really ask my g/f). It had a couple of dings and scratches before but this really was a trauma. Poor little FP, I love you

Fabe
post #14 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-15-2003, 09:05 AM

With an old RG i hit walls, doors, drop on the floor, hit some crash zildjian on stage while playing and a bunch of other things .........

Now with the JEM7D iīm taking more care, so no extravaganza.
post #15 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-15-2003, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two hands31
I almost dropped my friend's Les Paul, he almost killed me, luckily it was an Epiphone.
Ungrateful so and so....

Tags
acoustic guitar , bridge pickup , dave weiner , electric guitar , fender twin , guitar tech , jack socket , les paul , les paul custom , les pauls , music store , planet waves , reverse headstock , rich warlock , schaller strap locks , squier strat , strap button , strap lock , strap locks , yamaha rgx

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode