How much for a NEW Mark IV - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-05-2007, 10:31 AM Thread Starter

How much for a NEW Mark IV

I have no idea where to find a price list for MESA. Long & Mcquade has recently bought out the Atlantic Canada music store chain 'Musicstop', and 2 of the locations are carrying some Mesa gear.. Does anyone know the price (not the list price) for a Mark IV long head.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-05-2007, 10:37 AM

Re: How much for a NEW Mark IV

I have the Feb '07 price list and there isn't a long head version listed.

Mesa doesn't have "list price" and a "selling price" like most companies, they have their selling price and keep an eagle eye on what the dealers sell their amps for. A store that sells under the Mesa Pro Net price too often will get their dealership pulled by Mesa.

The medium or short version is $1849 US.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-05-2007, 11:05 AM Thread Starter

right on.. is the long much more?
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-05-2007, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by screamndemon69 View Post
I have the Feb '07 price list and there isn't a long head version listed.

Mesa doesn't have "list price" and a "selling price" like most companies, they have their selling price and keep an eagle eye on what the dealers sell their amps for. A store that sells under the Mesa Pro Net price too often will get their dealership pulled by Mesa.

The medium or short version is $1849 US.
wow $1849 for the head.

last i saw they were 1699 for the head and 1799 for the combo. I guess they probably raised the price of their cabs then also. I was looking to buy a couple more 1x12s, but i think i may look elsewhere then
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-05-2007, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shogun View Post
right on.. is the long much more?

There is no long head. there is a long chassis, which is the medium head 21 or so inches. Then there is the short chassis or short head that is 18.5 or so inches. Mesa never made a long head Mark IV. The long heads were used on the nomads and a couple others which were around 24 inches long i think. could be even longer. As far as i can remember the short and medium heads are the same price, or at least were when i bought mine
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-05-2007, 11:41 AM

Yep, no long head available unless there is one used floating around. I personally haven't seen a long version but they might exist.

The list prices I have are Feb '07 but a new one was put out in Aug. I'll get one today and post if the price or options (long version) have changed.

The Mesa stuff is a little pricey but if you look at the prices of other hand made amps you'll notice that Mesa is usually less priced with par or above par quality. Just MHO.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-05-2007, 01:57 PM

Also, remember that price does not include the footswitch which is another $200-$300.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-05-2007, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyrie View Post
Also, remember that price does not include the footswitch which is another $200-$300.
mine included a footswitch a couple years ago. don't tell me they stopped including the FS and raised the price. thats crazy
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-05-2007, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamcbest View Post
mine included a footswitch a couple years ago. don't tell me they stopped including the FS and raised the price. thats crazy
I could be wrong then. I heard that 2nd hand. Didn't mean to spread misinformation
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-05-2007, 05:25 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyrie View Post
you kidding? thats horrible..
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-05-2007, 05:26 PM Thread Starter

p.s. i am snagging a JSX and renting it for a month (gettin it on friday).. maybe it will tickle my fancy.. i guess ill have to hope so. i am going to use it for the lead's on the album im working on
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-06-2007, 06:43 AM

Footswitch included (6 button) and a slip cover.

I picked up the new price list and the Mark IV went up $50 and there still isn't a long version offered.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-06-2007, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by screamndemon69 View Post
Footswitch included (6 button) and a slip cover.

I picked up the new price list and the Mark IV went up $50 and there still isn't a long version offered.

there never was a long head. just short and medium. Unless they got rid of the medium, it's the same as it's ever been
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-06-2007, 09:44 AM Thread Starter

short and medium is what i meant the whole time.. by long i meant the bigger head.. jeezzzzzz

Tags
music store

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode