How would you compare this two guitars? - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-10-2011, 06:59 AM Thread Starter

Reviews: 1
How would you compare this two guitars?

How would you compare these two quality-wise?? I know they are totally different specs. I currently own a JS1000 and as time goes by it doesn't seem to fit me anymore. I guess I originally bought it cause I was a big fan of Joe and young! It's a fantastic guitar with great playability but I'm just not a big fan of superstrats anymore.

I really like the ART500E except for the EMGs which will be swapped if I make the purchase.

So how would you compare them? They have a big difference in $$ but the ART500 doesn't seem to fall short on anything does it?

http://www.gpanagopoulos.com/eshop/i...1112268735.gif

http://musikhaus-hermann.de/ebaypics.../a2%208953.jpg

Excuse my English but it's not my native tongue!!!

Thanks in advance guys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-10-2011, 10:44 AM

Re: How would you compare this two guitars?

My opinion is that I don't like your new choice... no tremolo, no floyd rose and what kind of wood is that because the wood is what is gonna color your pickups and the tone, and the quality of the hardware is important too as well as the width of the neck to your own confort.

That will not be my choice (for my taste), besides, you are gonna buy it and change the pickups? I would pick any american Jackson with neck-tru body with alder body and maple top over any other... but that's just me for today
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-10-2011, 11:16 AM

Reviews: 59

I think both are fine instruments for their styles and purposes. The ART isn't for me but if you've played it and prefer it, then go for it. Ultimately, you're the one who will be playing it and if it works for you, who cares about anything else.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-10-2011, 08:40 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by smooth55 View Post
I think both are fine instruments for their styles and purposes. The ART isn't for me but if you've played it and prefer it, then go for it. Ultimately, you're the one who will be playing it and if it works for you, who cares about anything else.
Well even though I really like my JS1000 and have written dozens of songs on it...it just pushes me to play alot in the style of Satch. Sometimes I feel like it keeps me back from being original if you know what I mean...ofcourse that happens cause I am a huge Satriani fan! There was a time when I would give anything to have all of his gear but now I constantly find myself liking different things and my playing has changed as well...

The ART500E just looks like a bargain for someone who wants a deefier sound but who is used to easier neck profiles than GIbson Les Pauls (which personaly I find completely uncomfortable for anyone who's ever tried a faster neck than a Gibby)

It's a tough one...

Tags
ibanez

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode