I need a cheap amp that can play over a drumset - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-23-2005, 09:56 AM Thread Starter

I need a cheap amp that can play over a drumset

Does anyone have any recommendations? I'm looking for something used in the 150-200 range.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-23-2005, 09:58 AM

Re: I need a cheap amp that can play over a drumset

Uhm, try Marshall. They offer some good cheap (is that the right word - Mabye 'Affordable' would be better) amplifiers.

MG or AVT range would be alright. 'Av a breeze.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-23-2005, 11:36 AM Thread Starter

How about a Peavey Bandit 112?

Peavey TransTube Bandit 112. The Peavey Bandit has Plenty of punch from 80W RMS runs through a bold 12 inch Sheffield® 1230 speaker while an external speaker jack lets you connect to a bigger cab if necessary.The Peavey Bandit 112 has two footswitchable channels with independent EQ. T.Dynamics®, presence, and resonance controls for true tonal excellence, reverb, and a footswitchable effects loop provide great utility at any type of gig. Modern or vintage voicing on the clean channel and high-gain, modern, or vintage voicing on the lead channel add a huge amount of instant tonal variation. Footswitch included for the TransTube
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-24-2005, 09:05 AM

older peavey ultra?? all tube and i don't think they are very expensive now. heard they sound pretty good too
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-24-2005, 03:07 PM

Used in the sub-$200 range is going to be tough, to be loud enough to play over a (presumably loud) drummer. It basically rules out tubes, and there's not a lot of high-wattage secondhand stuff you usually see.

My advice would be to go to a number of music shops with good used gear selections, and play everything they have. Barring that, see if you can make it up to $400, and check out a few low-wattage tube amps - There's a few marshalls out there you can find in this range, as well as some fender and peavey stuff.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-24-2005, 03:55 PM Thread Starter

I have a Marshall 15CDR or whatever the model is, and it's almost loud enough, but not quite there. Do you think a 80 watt Peavey would be louder?
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-24-2005, 04:34 PM

evilbay item # 7338025018

hurry, it ends soon.

Even if the amp's distortion isn't too good you can get a boss ds-1 and wylde overdriver or any overdriver and you will have some killer sound.

if you got it you can still get a footswitch for it (i think) you could e-mail peavey and find out to make sure t would work

http://www.peavey.com/products/brows...pecial+Use.cfm

Last edited by j.arledge; 07-24-2005 at 04:42 PM.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-24-2005, 06:36 PM

Look for an old Marshall VS100.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-24-2005, 07:18 PM

if you've got a loud drummer, .... and having to stay on the cheap side. I'd go with a Carvin x100b head. I've seen this head and a carvin 4x12 cab go for $300. here in Southern California. Hope you've got pedals, etc.

later, Jeremy
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-24-2005, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowcmfrtablscrw
if you've got a loud drummer, .... and having to stay on the cheap side. I'd go with a Carvin x100b head. I've seen this head and a carvin 4x12 cab go for $300. here in Southern California. Hope you've got pedals, etc.

later, Jeremy
very true, i had a carvin x100b for a while, great clean channle very moldable with outside distortion. They are great heads, and they are damn loud.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-27-2005, 12:02 AM

Thumbs up Re: I need a cheap amp that can play over a drumset

ok dude buy a fm412sl with a fm 100 head for it its so sweet and only 500 trust me save up for that and your set for life!
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-27-2005, 02:42 AM

try a carvin 2x12 combo dont buy a marshall mg. carvin offers well built hand made products at affordable prices, carvin.com, if you have enough get a half stack i dont know how much your wanting to pay but they have a sx300 sereies half stack for 699 which isnt bad at all, and if you could go tube get the mts series for 969 which is just great for any type of music your wanting to play. especailly metal, so check out carvin.com

Tags
peavey bandit , peavey ultra , tube amp , tube amps

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode