I need some info on Ibanez/Maxon pedals - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

1Likes
  • 1 Post By madasahatter

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-27-2018, 12:26 PM Thread Starter

I need some info on Ibanez/Maxon pedals

I’m needing a little more info on some OD/Distortion pedalsI’m looking at.

1. Ibanez Tube King TK999US – The US version squareshaped gold colored one
2. Ibanez Tube King TK999 – Original Japanese madeversion
3. Ibanez Tube King TK999HT – Newer red diamondshaped one
4. Ibanez Tube King TK999OD – Newer white diamondshaped one
5. Maxon ROD 880
6. Maxon ROD 881

I realize all the pedals listed are more or less the same thing but from my understanding some are better than others. I’ve heard the original gold US version is a bit better than the original Japanese made one and they are both better than the newer versions. Outside of knowing that Maxon made Ibanez pedals for a time I don’t know much about those or how they compare to the Tube Kings. I have no personal experience with any of them and they’re no longer in production where I can try them out at the store.

So can anyone give me the rundown on these pedals, how theycompare to each other, and any personal experiences with any of them?

Last edited by madasahatter; 08-09-2018 at 12:11 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-09-2018, 12:25 PM Thread Starter

Re: I need some info on Ibanez/Maxon pedals

Well, I ended up getting a Maxon ROD 881. Found it for a good price on the bay. It came in yesterday afternoon so I haven't had much time on it yet. My first impressions are very positive. So far it has good vibe and really nice sound. This may be one of the better pedals I've played through. Once I get some more playing time on it I'll report back.
FireEagle likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode