i think i emptied my GAS tank - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-09-2007, 10:09 PM Thread Starter

i think i emptied my GAS tank

well folks.. i am hopefully getting married next fall/spring.. i promised my girlfriend I would have one last big purchase and then I am done gassing (no more high end guitars or amps till we get married -i.e. a while..)

I am currently in the studio with one of my bands, and I wanted to rent a JSX to do my lead tracks, I have previously been skeptic and even criticized this amp, however, i tried it out with the right cab, and my own axe, and i loved it. i can see where the ragging is coming from about the ultra channel, but the clean was very very nice, and the crunch was insane..

so anyhoo.. im at the music store crankin the amp up, and I had previously decided NOT to rent the amp due to the brazilian jiu jitsu seminar I am attending tomorrow morning.. I figured MAYBE i would rent it in a week or two, or trade my head in for it... After trying it out, I was convinced i 'had' to put it on hold, and when I tell the buddy at the counter (who I know quite well.) he just smiled.. turns out my girlfriend did all the paper work and paid for the rental so I can use it in the studio, and put the rental credit towards the amp if I really like it.. The price tag is 1550 canadian +tax (due to the canadian list price drop last week.)

So anyways.. the beast is at the bottom of my bed--- I won't have time to play it until mid afternoon tomorrow because I will be at the bjj seminar.. I am dying to pick up my cabinet from the studio and blast the nuts out of this thing.. If I buy this, this will be the last GAS attack I will have in quite a while..

Just thought id share this moment, I know it is kind of a lame story, but I feel like a drug-addict going cold turkey, but getting one real good lasts run before quitting ..

Sorry to Peavey and Joe Satriani for ragging on this amp before, I repent from my mistake!

Fin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-09-2007, 10:15 PM

Re: i think i emptied my GAS tank

I know the addiction well dude. I am in the process of buying gear looking for that crunch/distortion tone that makes me tingle in those dirty places. Havn't found it yet but I know the feeling...
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-10-2007, 12:01 AM

Reviews: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by shogun View Post
well folks.. i am hopefully getting married next fall/spring.. i promised my girlfriend I would have one last big purchase and then I am done gassing (no more high end guitars or amps till we get married -i.e. a while..)

YEAH, RIGHT ! ! !
Lets hear in 6 weeks how you need the next best thing

Hi, I'm Mike, and I have G.A.S.
ALL: Hi Mike...
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-10-2007, 02:17 AM

Married? Nah, you didn't empty the tank, you smacked the car into a wall at 80mph...
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-10-2007, 03:01 AM

Nice story, Sounds like your getting yourself a great girl too! (pays the rental )
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-10-2007, 06:05 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Distantshore View Post
Nice story, Sounds like your getting yourself a great girl too! (pays the rental )
she even bought me a joe satriani strap!! ( i already had 3 others )

what a girl
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-10-2007, 07:42 AM

Reviews: 18

I remember that line from "Half Baked" when Thurgood (Dave Chapelle) is throwing his last cigaweed from the bridge and maryjane (the weed) tells him as she's falling "you'll be back................."

Watch the last part....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_tf4KtWQhc&NR=1

Jimmy

Last edited by jb4674; 11-10-2007 at 08:03 AM.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-10-2007, 03:32 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb4674 View Post
I remember that line from "Half Baked" when Thurgood (Dave Chapelle) is throwing his last cigaweed from the bridge and maryjane (the weed) tells him as she's falling "you'll be back................."

Watch the last part....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_tf4KtWQhc&NR=1

Jimmy
lmao... excellent reference.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-10-2007, 04:22 PM

You shan't be disappointed.
I would suggest turning the Ultra channel gain way down and using it for rhythm, while using the crunch for lead.

Tags
joe satriani , music store

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode