Ibanez 10 series pedals - common problems? - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-16-2009, 02:00 AM Thread Starter
DJR

Ibanez 10 series pedals - common problems?

I've recently took out a load of pedals that I had in storage, quite a few from vintage Ibanez, Boss, Dodd, MXR, etc etc... all were ok except for four late 80's Ibanez "10" series pedals. A DL10 Digital Delay, CP10 Compressor, MS10 Metal Charger & a CS10 Stereo Chorus, all of which are just simply dead. No power recognition, nothing. Surprisingly, the one pedal I thought WOULD die was the DDL10 Delay II. But that one is fine.

Is anybody aware of common faults with 10 series being unused for several years? and what are the chances it's just dry joints? shame to waste these classics. They're boxed and everything! meh.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-16-2009, 07:00 AM

Re: Ibanez 10 series pedals - common problems?

I'm surprised. Those pedals are pretty tough. I use a few of them. Any chance it's something simple? Like incorrect power supply?
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-17-2009, 11:20 PM Thread Starter
DJR

Re: Ibanez 10 series pedals - common problems?

nah, if only it was something stoopid like that, I'd happily take the fall to have the damn things working! hehe. I've taken them apart and touched up solder points just in case it was dry-joint related, but no... still dead. Bummer, ah well.

Tags
ibanez , pedals , repairs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode