Ibanez case "FUR" or "LINING" replacement - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-10-2014, 06:12 PM Thread Starter

Ibanez case "FUR" or "LINING" replacement

any thoughts were I would get this material they use to line the Prestige or M100C case? noticed some major wear on the inside and its worn through...

thanks, any thoughts appreciated.. I hoped to find the correct or right material so I can just reline the lid, not both halfs of the case...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-17-2014, 04:01 AM

Re: Ibanez case "FUR" or "LINING" replacement

It may be a long & treacherous quest trying to source the exact same material...wish I could tell you where to start! Are you only looking specifically for "authentic" Ibby case material, or would a worthy imposter suffice?

But in the meantime, or as a fallback plan...most fabric or craft stores like Jo Ann Fabric & some AC Moore/Michael's, & even certain Wal Mart locations have a pretty vast & eclectic selection of all things fabric/material. In addition to the typical types used for clothes, curtains, & whatnot; my local Jo Ann has some pretty wild stuff!

Specific to your needs, they also have a ton of different crush velvets, plush stuff, & an impressive overall-selection of the types of materials you'd expect to find in an instrument case.

Just an assumption, but whether it's an Ibby, Fender, or GuitarFetish case...one constant ingredient usually includes one of the above materials glued via spray adhesive to the axe mold.

Good luck with whatever you decide.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-17-2014, 05:38 AM Thread Starter

Re: Ibanez case "FUR" or "LINING" replacement

Yep thanks. I stopped last night and I didn't really see anything other than the crushed velvet. Not really a close match to me...I didn't have a sample with me though to really try and compare...guess I got to lug the case down there and see what I can match.

I just need to replace the lid material so I would like an exact match otherwise I think I have to replace both the top and the bottom and not really looking forward to doing both...

Wasn't too impressed with their selection at the Jo anns fabric store...but I don't think they had a lot of this fabric in stock to chose from and the staff wasn't helpful at all...

Thanks for the thoughts..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode