Ibanez Pedals - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-10-2005, 08:32 AM Thread Starter

Reviews: 1
Ibanez Pedals

Are these good pedals. I'm thinking about a Phase and a delay. I know Boss is likely the best, but I don't have the money for them so I was thinking a used Ibanez.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-10-2005, 08:41 AM

Re: Ibanez Pedals

there great..and they sound really good...i have nothing against them..
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-10-2005, 10:32 AM

They are one of the best pedals around, especialy the tone-lok series, its EVERY useful when your able to keep you settings in a gig amongst stupid people who don't watch where they get thrown at......my only bad experience was when I bought the 7th Heaven, WORST pedal I have ever heard, I have the D/E 7, and it sounds superb, and got it pretty cheap
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-10-2005, 10:54 AM

I use the SM7, and no complains here
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-10-2005, 08:23 PM

well i would just save up for a boss pedal they're really nice i enjoy them and some are pritty cheap and can still get awsome dist or what ever ( i know thats not what your looking for.)
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-10-2005, 09:02 PM

The Ibanez DE7 is great bang for buck! I have it and the Echo is very analog (warm) and vintage sounding... the delay mode on the other hand, sounds average... but man! For the price?!? 1 gripe with Echo (which is delay + reverb) ; it can get muddy esp in a live situation, you have to be careful to set your setting to suit the venue.

Here's a song I did and I used the DE7 for reverb/echo thru out, nothing else...
Freak Out!

I am not sure about the rest of the Tonelok pedals.. never tried the rest.

The standard Tubescreamers and stuff are nice, but use your ears for them... plus they are quite overpriced...

The new Weeping Demon wah seems great for the price...
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-11-2005, 02:15 AM

joe satriani used Ibanez Pedals in Moscow.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-11-2005, 03:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toto
joe satriani used Ibanez Pedals in Moscow.
not trying to say ibanez pedals are bad, but satch does have a endorsement agreement with ibanez for at least guitars. so the ibanez pedals he had may have been like given to him by ibanez to use so that Moscowians could see him using Ibanez stuff.. just a theory.. maybe not though..

still. i would love to try a TS808 in front of my Mark IV for warmer leads sometime
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-11-2005, 03:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamcbest
not trying to say ibanez pedals are bad, but satch does have a endorsement agreement with ibanez for at least guitars. so the ibanez pedals he had may have been like given to him by ibanez to use so that Moscowians could see him using Ibanez stuff.. just a theory.. maybe not though..
u are right. but this fact shows us that Ibanez pedals are not bad and even good in gigs.

boss pedals are of course better.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-11-2005, 07:02 AM

Not all Boss pedals are better. I think The Boss CE3 sounds terrible. An old 10 series Ibanez chorus will blow it away in a side by side test.
If I were you I would look for some of the old Ibanez 10 series pedals. Almost all of the sound great and can be found prety cheap. I'm a big fan of the 10 series. I'll take them over just about any new stomp boxes made today. Any of the 10 series and any of the "L" or "master" series. They look the same.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-12-2005, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toto
u are right. but this fact shows us that Ibanez pedals are not bad and even good in gigs.

boss pedals are of course better.
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeell, I wound't go THAT far and say BOSS pedals are better than Ibanez...Metal Zone comes to mind......I guess its all to ones ear, I HATE the metal zone now, I don't know why I lasted so much time with that horrific sound, so I sold it and got the Line6 Uber Metal....kicks BOSS ass.....as for Ibanez, I haven't found a richer sounding delay/echo pedal that beats my Ibanez DE 7....and from BOSS, I love my super chorus, it gives me that intro sound from Metallica's "One" ....so its all personal preferrences...

Tags
boss pedal , boss pedals , joe satriani , stomp box , uber metal

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode