Ibanez Picks - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-16-2005, 03:24 AM Thread Starter

Ibanez Picks

Has anyone here tried any of the various Ibanez picks? It's hard to tell from photos, but it looks to me that the Gilbert signatures (and to maybe a lesser extent the Vais) seem to have a slight point on the tip.
I've been wondering about the rubber and sand grips, as well.
Very hard to find out int stores.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-16-2005, 03:39 AM

Re: Ibanez Picks

I uses the Vai/ibanez picks.... it's the best pick in the world... before that I uses other brand jim dunlop and fender but my picking is not that good. Since I uses the Vai/ibanez picks my picking improve..... That great huh
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-16-2005, 04:37 AM

Thumbs up Re: Ibanez Picks

I use Ibanez sand picks. Definately the best picks i've ever used.
Noticed a vast difference in my picking and accuracy from the start.

Big thumbs up from me!!!
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-16-2005, 04:38 AM

Yes I have the pink , brown and the white w/ rubber texture, they are great picks. The ones w/ rubber are nice, but the rubber doesn't last as long as the pick does.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-16-2005, 04:45 AM

i tried a vai pick at a practice once and it was pretty good... but a quid for a plectrum!!! i think ill stick with my jazz III's
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-16-2005, 04:47 AM

I ordered a bunch of the sand and rubber "Grip Wizard" picks a while ago. I got mediums at first, but then a ton of the heavy gauge.

The Sand Grip is similar to the "Cool" brand Jazz-type picks I was using. Lots of good solid traction on the pick, doesn't slip around at all. The Rubber Grip is a little bit less traction, it still grips, but you can't get more hold by tightening up.

Wear-wise these last about the same as a Dunlop Tortex, not any type of special material for the actual picks. The Sand Grip surface does not wear at all, but I have had some of the little rubber 'bumps' come off of the Rubber Grip picks after just the 2nd time using the same pick.

Shape is like a Dunlop Jazz III, though maybe a little bigger. Same pointy jazz-type pick though.

The Sand Grips are the better of the 2 IMO, for traction and wear. "Medium" gauge is about a .70 - .80mm pick, "Heavy" is a 1.0mm pick, for reference.

The white ones of both styles are white and gold, which I guess would be cool for JEM7VWH players. I wish they sold a blister pack with all one color, so I could order just black or blue picks(not fond of red as a color, and the white/gold is tacky to me).
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-16-2005, 04:56 AM

Just a Vai pick once, but now it stays in its little home, a ring case...don't even ask.lol
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-16-2005, 07:38 AM
eg

Dunlop Jazz III's for me all the way, tried the Ibanezes before, don't really like the feel, too rigid for me

Tags
dunlop jazz iii , dunlop tortex , jim dunlop

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode