Ibanez and SKB cases - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-20-2001, 05:31 AM Thread Starter

Ibanez and SKB cases

I've read in a past post (i don't remember in wich section of the forum) that Ibanez has "overseas" cases, or something. I live in "overseas" (Portugal) and the only case that here the dealer near me can get is the M100C. I would love to get the UV1000, but in the 2000 catalog the only case that exists is the M100C! Is this normal?

Well, since i don't like that case that much, i was wondering about SKB cases, in particular the SKB-66. A guy in the store told me that this case is better and cheaper than the M100C. So i was wondering if anyone has any opinion about these. Also, does the UV777 fits in this case?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-20-2001, 08:14 AM

Ibanez and SKB cases

I can't answer your question about the UV since I don't have one, but I bought an SKB 66 with my JS instead of the M100C, because the JS will move around inside an M100C. *The molded plastic on the 66 seems a little tougher, and it fits the JS better, but other than that, there's not a whole lot of difference between the two cases. *I believe SKB makes all of Ibanez' cases anyway.

I think the UV may only fit in the UV1000 case due to the extra length of the headstock, but you could always take it to the store and try it out I guess. *Hope this helps!

greg
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-20-2001, 09:43 AM

Ibanez and SKB cases

TKL makes Ibanez case, not SKB.

Cheers,
Butch
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-20-2001, 10:11 AM

Ibanez and SKB cases

I was of the understanding that for Americans the cases are not overseas. They are from canada. At least thats what the nice made in Canada sticker on my last UV case says. Ok here is the deal. The 2027 is the same length as a UV and needs a UV case, right? Yes, but they tried to screw me when i got it and squezzed it into one of the cases your talking about. The one that has the molded Ibanez logo, and is all plastic on the outside. It will fit. The problem is that the tip basicly has to be forced into the case. I just didnt feel comfortable if i was to drop it. So i went *and got a UV case.
So your answer is yes and no.
Well thats if i read your question right.
buzz
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-20-2001, 10:29 AM Thread Starter

Ibanez and SKB cases

So if i understood, the UV "fits" the M100C case, so it should be the same for the SKB-66. I would get the UV1000 if i could, but here-in-this-end-of-the-world (read Portugal) we only have the M100C, according to the catalog. Damn:(

Anyway, Rich only sells the case with a guitar, so does anyone knows where i can find the UV1000 for sale besides Rich? My problem is that i still don't have the UV777 (i'm planning buying one in a couple of weeks) and i have to order the case too (either the M100 or the SKB). If the cost of buying a case from US is too expensive i guess i will stick with the SKB and force the UV until it fits...
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-20-2001, 10:50 AM
Vendor

Ibanez and SKB cases

It will fit, but as it's been said, there's no room for it to wiggle in there. You don't have to force it in the case, but I don't like the idea that the head touches the case, in an extreme forward shock I'd hate to think of what could happen to the neck. For just all around carrying it's fine though. After shipping the UV case would cost you about $200.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-20-2001, 11:04 AM Thread Starter

Ibanez and SKB cases

Rich,

would you sell an UV1000 case here to Portugal? You said that you don't sell cases without the guitars, but i was wondering if you could open an exception...
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-20-2001, 11:25 AM
Vendor

Ibanez and SKB cases

When you put it that way (so nicely) of course I'll make an exception, shipping's still gonna be a killer thouigh (it's OK for getting a guitar, but when the case is empty it makes for an expensive case!!) Mail me off list. If you've got plenty of time, surface mail is the cheapest, but also takes 4-6 weeks!! LOL
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-29-2001, 10:19 AM

Ibanez and SKB cases

How much will surface mail cost for shipping the UV1000C to Hong Kong?...................

I am thinking of getting 1 also................... ................

(Why Ibanez don't sell UV1000C in other countries?)
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-01-2001, 07:05 AM

Ibanez and SKB cases

I got an M100C with my FP recently, and thought it was ok until I saw the groovier cases that you American chaps get. My DNA came in a more substantial case which I would be happy with only the handle broke off in transit! ie the plastic has sheared completely. Now I'm waiting to see what can be done about the handle.
From what I can see, to change the handle I will have to remove the polystyrene and furry stuff from inside the case to get to the screws that hold the handle in place. Is there an easy way to accomplish this without destroying the case lining?

Guy
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-01-2001, 10:06 AM
Vendor

Ibanez and SKB cases

They probably shipped the case with the handle pointing down so it protrudes past the case. I recieved one like this, sent it back and got it replaced.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-10-2001, 06:32 AM

Ibanez and SKB cases

Guycool - Yup, I have M100c's with my guitars. Saw the SKB's recently and thought they looked a little bit more solid, but internal fit not quite so good so stuck with the Ibanez cases. What other cases do they get Stateside? Do Ibanez make different ones for that market?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode