Ibanez ToneBlaster 100 half stack - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-07-2003, 02:53 AM Thread Starter

Ibanez ToneBlaster 100 half stack

hey everyone, im lookin at gettin a half stack and the ibanez one is the cheapest one ive see besides a crate, i was just wondering... are these good, the ratings are pretty good but for tone. ibanez is making a big deal about "its not trying to sound like an old amp, its making a new sound" kind of thing, but i just dont want this "new sound" to suck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-07-2003, 11:50 AM

Hey Whats Up..

I went to test these for Ibanez when they were designing them..

I think you will like the sound a lot...

I plugged straight into the amp with no pedals and it sounded sweet...

Rob
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-07-2003, 04:40 PM
Contributor

Reviews: 1
ummm, what are you looking for? Cheap, or tone? I played on last week and it sounded like a great big green distortion pedal. It's OK if I'm playing Crazy Train all day (I guess) . Look in your local paper for a used Marshall 900 stack- even a half stack will be more than you need 99% of the time.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-07-2003, 06:51 PM Thread Starter

ha ha, what do you mean by a big green distortion pedal, im looking fir cheap, like 600, and i need the volume, but i dont want it sounding like poop. ive been known to tweak a decent tone out of a solid state. but i am only human
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-28-2003, 11:42 PM

My amp is a Crate Quadradrive half stack with Eminance speakers and it's great but it's a freak. When I was amp-shopping I tried Fenders, Boogies, Marshalls, a Soldano and probably some more I've forgotten. I even tried another Crate of the same model but it just didn't sound the same. The one I bought blew them all away. It can do dead-on AC/DC tone, Vai "Die To Live" tone, Petrucci Images & Words, Page on "Whole Lotta Love", Metallica Black album, Vernon Reid, Jeff Buckley. I've had it for ten years now and it hasn't so much as made a crackle. Four channels (tube and solid state distored and clean), Accutronics spring reverb, built in chorus.

The moral of the story, I guess, is that amps can vary just like guitars and sometimes you luck out. If you can find one of these amps it's worth a spin, you may find a good one like I did.

I'd like to try those Ibanez amps, see what the deal is. .
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-29-2003, 12:08 AM

You could try a Behringer UltraStack cabinet and maybe a Peavey head.

The Behringer cab is only $200 and there are a few decent heads in the $400 and below range.

Tags
distortion pedal , ibanez amps , jeff buckley , spring reverb , vernon reid

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode