Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Ibanez Toneblaster sounds?

3K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Gharedd 
#1 ·
I'm thinking about buying a Toneblaster stack because it's cheap, people have complimented the clean channel and it doesn't have tubes to swap.
I'm going to use a Keeley DS-1 Ultra as an overdrive channel since I don't think that the dirty channel sounds very good (SS amp).
My problem is that no-one here in Finland sells Toneblasters, so I have to order one from Germany without trying it first.
Has anyone any sound clips? Would you recommend me buying the amp?

#2 ·
What will you be using the amp for? cus if its only bedroom/small venue stuff a half stack is somewhat overkill... I would reccomend, if anything playing just about every amp you can in your price-range, wether they be combos, halfstacks, whatever and seeing what you like best. I would personally invest in a excellent combo as a opposed to just an "OK" half stack... but thats just me! the toneblaster is $800 RRP as far as i can see, so look around new and used for amps around that... dont discount used goods at all...you can get some real bargins! :D
-better shred than dead-ANDY

#4 ·
I own the ToneBlaster half-stack, I think it's pretty good
so far no regret for buying it. i've tried different amps and this is the best for the money.
people don't like TB because it's a solid state amp, not a tube amp
they didn't even give it a try and say that TB is not good. not fair

#5 ·
I have a tone blaster full stack and it looks great, but I also own a line 6 flextone 2. The tone blaster sounds good clean, and also on crunch setting (Clean with the boost on) but the distortion channel sounds a bit crappy. I've thought about using a valve driven distortion pedal to boost that channel but I'm not too sure what to buy.
For the price (£599 I got mine for) I think it is excellent. you can buy smaller better sounding amps for less though (Don't ask me to think of any because I can't)
I'd say shop around, try one out. I like mine, I'm more than happy with it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.