I'm not gonna pay a lot for this Harmonizer - Say it with me - Page 2 - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-20-2001, 02:55 AM

I'm not gonna pay a lot for this Harmonizer

Jeffrey, the Digitech 2101 has done that for years. *The whammy on it is 'ok'
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-20-2001, 12:59 PM

I will have to disagree with robochip. The GT % and its predecessors are about as equal to the digitech gp 7.

The sound quality is weak in a band setting and the effects are weak.
I used to own one.
I bought it thinking what an innovative idea.. only to realize it didn't cut the queso.

Scott
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-20-2001, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Quote: from Leary on 1:55 am on Sep. 20, 2001
Jeffrey, the Digitech 2101 has done that for years. *The whammy on it is 'ok'
Yeah, I had a 2120 Artist. It does it, but not to the same extent.

You can bind one CC controller to up to as many parameters as the effect has, as well as tweak the volume percentages in 3 areas and tweak the curve almost infinitely.

Now multiply that times 8 CC's and that's your limitations for one preset.

Let me see if I can diagram it out.

It's like a grid, so this could very well suck. Hehe.

CC1 *CC2 *CC3 *CC4 *CC5 *CC6 CC7 CC8
--------------------------------------------------- Pitch Trans
--------------------------------------------------- Mix
--------------------------------------------------- 1st Harm
--------------------------------------------------- 2nd Harm
--------------------------------------------------- Key
--------------------------------------------------- Interval

Etc.

Now imagine every place that CC1 and the parameters intersect. You could put a Modifyer on each of those intersections that all are run by a CC1. And for each one you can change the percentage of sweep (0%-50%-100%, anywhere in between in 3 nodes) and infinetely edit the curve as well as other small things (hard knee, soft knee, release etc).

And that's just one CC. You can have up to 8 in a preset. That's also only one effect (Pitch), you can also have up to 8.

So the possiblities are pretty mind boggling. :biggrin:
post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-23-2001, 01:55 AM

I'm looking at buying some processors too, but I'm at a real crossroads about a lot of my guitar choices right now (I like to have a goal to plan ahead for.. I know I just bought a 7VWH, but I want to know what I'm aiming for next).

I want something that can do some basic harmonizing with good tone. I have a Whammy Reissue and that thing has been a major disappointment; the tone is ok, but the mechanical construction is TERRIBLE, the treadle came loose and now the pedal doesn't work worth a damn! I should've just paid the extra money for a smart pitch shifter in the first place. I'd also like something with a good variety of other effects as well, and it has to be useable live (I don't mind a small delay when switching between patches, so long as I can bypass the whole unit without a delay). A foot controller is a must.

I'm really indesicive about these things and have never owned a powerful processor before, so I could use some help.. I'm between:

Eventide H3000
Eventide Eclipse
TC Electronics G-Force
or I can just cheap out and get a Digitech IPS33B

Some suggestions please?
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-13-2007, 11:53 AM

Re: I'm not gonna pay a lot for this Harmonizer - Say it with me

Reviving a really old thread, but this is the question I'm looking for the answer to as well! Anyone? Please?

I'm about to buy one of the three, which one?

Cheers,

Christopher
post #21 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-14-2007, 06:13 AM

Whow this is an old thread!

The G-System also has the same intelligent harmonizer as the G-Force (it was added in a software update), and it's pretty good. If you're already happy with your floorboard and effects setup though, you're probably best off getting the G-Force.
post #22 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-15-2007, 09:30 AM

Reviews: 3
Re: I'm not gonna pay a lot for this Harmonizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkelm View Post
A cheapy that does a respectable job is the old Digitech IPS33b...I believe it's the same era/technology as the original whammy.
Greg
I had one of these and it tracks pretty good for the price. Should be able to find one for less than $300 on EvilBay. I think it has the IPL technology in it.
Tracks 3 part harmony. The 55 tracks 5 part harmony. Only bummer is there is only a global harmony setting. So it's either on or off.

You can also check out the DHP-55. Same unit but updated interface.

Stay away from the DHP-33.

The G-Force tracks better, but is also more expensive. If you get a used one make sure it has the latest software as the earlier one's are buggy.

I used an expression pedal with both for a cover of Killing in the name of by Rage. Worked great.

But I sold them and upgraded to an Axe-FX Ultra. Blows all of them and Eventide away.

Oh jeez, just noticed this was a 6 year old thread???? D'oh!

The IPS and DHP are hard to find but you won't be disappointed with either unit.
post #23 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-18-2007, 03:34 PM

Reviews: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabio View Post
Reviving a really old thread, but this is the question I'm looking for the answer to as well! Anyone? Please?

I'm about to buy one of the three, which one?

Cheers,

Christopher
I have an Eventide H3000 D/SE, a G Force and a Digitech 33B. The Digitech being the cheapest ,is the one I use the most for harmonies. IMO, It tracks a little nicer than the other two at faster speeds. Of course the Eventide and the G-force do much more that harmonies. So if all you want is something for creating harmonies, I would pick the Digitech 33 B and would suggest getting an expression pedal for it. This allows you to use the whammy effects that are onboard.
post #24 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-27-2007, 10:29 AM

I've never had an Eventide, but if you are not against the idea of running a two amp set up, you will have a hard time beating the authenticity of a BOSS PS-5 Super Shifter split across the two amps. I saw Satch using this pedal so I bought one. I hooked it up in line (mono) as normal, using one amp and I was thoroughly disgusted with the sound. Then I tried splitting it across two amps (stereo)so the harmonized notes had their own sound and I just about fell over. It is THE BEST sounding harmonizer in this mode. It sounds as close to two guitars being played as I have ever heard... and the price is peanuts compared to anything Eventide. The only real down side is that you have to reach down and turn the knob to change keys. You can also hook a controller pedal into it to use it as a Whammy effect. I've never had a real Whammy so I don't know how it compares, but it didn't make me puke when I did it.
post #25 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-30-2007, 04:29 PM

i have a digitech studio 5000 harmonizer on sale at **** if anybody wants.

this is actually an upgraded dhp55 which is made by ivl--same one who did the 1st whammy

5 part harmonizer

http://cgi.****.com/ws/****ISAPI.dll...MESE:IT&ih=015

Tags
eventide eclipse , expression pedal , pedal board , pitch shifter , pitch shifting , rack system , tuning system , whammy pedal

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode