Iron maiden - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-08-2011, 07:24 AM Thread Starter

Iron maiden

Hi, im looking for a new amp (combo) one that would be good for iron maiden, right now i have a tbx65r ibanez. I don't think it matters but, i have an Ibanez Rg420fb
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-08-2011, 07:50 AM

Re: Iron maiden

Marshall JCM800 or JCM900 with a Boss chorus. you we will be able to nail the sound or Iron Maiden.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-08-2011, 07:53 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by modulo View Post
Marshall JCM800 or JCM900 with a Boss chorus. you we will be able to nail the sound or Iron Maiden.
I don't have 3000$ and i don't need something insane, i've only been playing for about 2 and 3 quarters, years.
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-08-2011, 07:57 AM

Roland Cube 30 or Line6 Spider ?
they have Amp simulator.

Be more precise next time.

put a Dimarzio Super Distortion on the Bridge on your guitar if you want to copy. that's what they use.

Pascal
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-08-2011, 07:57 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
I was looking for something cheaper like 4 to 700$ cheap.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-08-2011, 08:00 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Roland Cube 30 or Line6 Spider ?
they have Amp simulator.

Be more precise next time.

put a Dimarzio Super Distortion on the Bridge on your guitar if you want to copy. that's what they use.

Pascal
Well i don't want to fully copy but maiden is my most played band, and when i cover one of there songs i want to sound like them and i did say "(combo)" and im not trying to be rude i just wanted to know, thanks.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-08-2011, 02:45 PM

Reviews: 1

Get a Carvin legacy, you can get an 100w used head pretty cheap and you are gonna get lots of tones... you can get a wampler plextortion pedal (is going to give you the whole music of 80's and 90's) and if you put a dimarzio super plextortion... you are gonna rock...
With 700 bucks, you can do it and you are gonna have lots of sound possibilities.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-08-2011, 07:15 PM

Reviews: 120

Blackstar HT series of amps. Very versatile, won't break the bank. 1watt through to 100 available. I use the HT-5 with my band, and get great loud tone.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-10-2011, 10:33 AM

Any Marshall Valvestate will do the job.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFXEA...ailpage#t=549s
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-10-2011, 10:49 AM

Reviews: 1

I had a marshall valvestate when I was young and I didn't know anything, that could be the worst amp ever, solid state... what a crap, I hated the sound of that amp for a couple of years until I was able to sell it and buy a real amp.

A carvin legacy or a blackstar are very good sounding amps, pick your winner.
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-10-2011, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage_freak_forever View Post
I had a marshall valvestate when I was young and I didn't know anything, that could be the worst amp ever, solid state... what a crap, I hated the sound of that amp for a couple of years until I was able to sell it and buy a real amp.

A carvin legacy or a blackstar are very good sounding amps, pick your winner.
Me too. Only Mesas for me now. But I don't mind rehearsing with a Valvestate once in a while.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-18-2011, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tearsx View Post
Any Marshall Valvestate will do the job.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFXEA...ailpage#t=549s

I have a 40 Watts Marshall valvestate as a practice bedroom amp and the amp do the job.

BUT, if you want that amp to sound good, you need to put some decent speakers on it (I have mine with 2 celestion vintage 30), you need to use another reverb (because the reverb of the amp sucks, the best could be a pedal that sound like a fender spring reverb) and use the amp with a distortion pedal (I use the W triple wreck that rocks). In that way the amp sound really awesome, and for practice is great. BUT, you need to put some money on the amp to sound good... That amp is not gonna sound great stock...
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-18-2011, 07:14 PM

Reviews: 10

If you have a limited budget then I would consider getting the Peavey Vypyr 30 - deadly little amp...you should be able to dial in lots of Iron Maiden type sounds and it comes in at under $300 - that woud leave you some money to buy some better pickups for your guitar...

See review here:

http://www.jemsite.com/compare-guita...r-30-/reviews/

Tags
iron maiden

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode