ISP Decimator Pedal vs. Rack? - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-10-2007, 02:34 AM Thread Starter

ISP Decimator Pedal vs. Rack?

What are the differences between these two besides the fact that one is a pedal and the other is a rack. Is it worth the extra $300 to get the rack if you can afford it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-10-2007, 08:56 AM

Reviews: 3
Re: ISP Decimator Pedal vs. Rack?

I think the main advantage of the rack over the pedal is that it can gate both the amp's preamp through the effects loop (where all the hiss and hum comes from) as well as the guitar's signal in the front of the amp. The pedal can only do one or the other. In this way it's like having two pedals.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-10-2007, 09:09 AM

Never used the pedal, but the rackmount version is superb, and worth every penny.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-10-2007, 10:15 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algiman View Post
Never used the pedal, but the rackmount version is superb, and worth every penny.
So it noise cancels at certain frequencies and can eliminate lower level string noise right? I'm buying one asap. What's considered a great but realistic deal on the rack? Thanks.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-10-2007, 11:08 AM

Reviews: 3

I had the pedal and sold it for the rack. I think you get more versatility on the rack version.

I bought mine used from someone on the HC forums for $300.

There are two mods available for the rack version. The stereo mod and there was a recently new one discovered that eliminates artifacts at the end of the trail. I'm doing this to mine today. Read more here.

http://www.hugeracksinc.com/forum/vi...&highlight=isp

Also if you get the rack version and want it for guitar make sure you get the ProRackG
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-10-2007, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigShred View Post
So it noise cancels at certain frequencies ....
No. You plug your guitar straight in, it measures the signal strength. Then your guitar signal goes off to do whatever effects and preamp you have, and back into the decimator. That is the point at which the gate acts. When the input signal from your guitar goes below a certain level, the decimator cuts off the output from the end of your effects and preamp chain.

As it is your preamp and effects that cause all the noise, the end result is that when you stop playing, your rig goes silent.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-10-2007, 02:30 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for all your replies. You guys are great!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode