Ibanez JEM Forum banner
13K views 21 replies 16 participants last post by  funkdubious 
#1 ·
Peavey have apparently been really pushy with Jason about releasing a signature model of his old Peavey, the natural stain guitar with numbered inlays, which can be seen below.

Apparently only 100 will be made to see what the demand is for future models of the guitar. Originally Jackson wanted to do a run of Custom Shop guitars for Jason after they were receiving phone call after phonecall asking if they could build one or, if there was a model planned in the future.

The guitar will be shown at this years NAMM, there more info on Jasons latest blog on his Myspace, I can't wait for this one.

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
The music industry is quite hippocritical these days.
It's all about the money and huge corporate profits.
Too bad that they're using genius like Jason Becker for their filthy work.
They don't give a damn 'bout him,and obviously just want to sell the product by using his name on it.
Very miserable.

#11 ·
Nope, it's only happening pretty much as we speak so they need to build them pretty quick for NAMM. Only specs I know of is he gets what he wants in a sig guitar, as long as it's generally like the 'Numbered Peavey' pictured above.

#20 ·

Paradise Guitar USA has it up on their site along with the prices. The cheapest package is $2500. I'd check, but their site isn't coming up at the moment. There's two packages though. The higher one is $2700 I believe.

ProTone is making a pedal for him...two actually. One will be a standard edition and the other one will be a limited edition. Both will feature his dad's artwork, but different artwork for the standard and limited edition. Both pedals will be the same inside though.

I personally would think that a Becker signature model would be highly sought after. Imagine this being the first one, and then each year putting out a different configuration or scheme or something like that.

I'm also surprised a guitar magazine hasn't approached him to write a column each month in the lessons section. It's not like he can't do anything. He's writing is autobiography now.

#21 ·
Hey everyone! I got my #15 Jason Becker Signature Model. and I love it. seriously the best guitar I have ever played. everything about it is awesome.
I am glad to say that Paradise Guitars USA outshined any expectations I had. I own 3 Paradise Guitars and they are killer guitars.
hope my little opinion counts.
Take care all :)
you can see more pictures and info on it here:
www.davidklinejr.com
www.myspace.com/davidklinejrmusic

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.