Jemini Pedal - Page 11 - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #151 of 164 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 04:14 AM

Re: Jemini Pedal

Quote:
Originally Posted by postofficebuddy View Post
i hate the pedal, i sold it for £50, biggest waste of money ever, just sounded like ****, and the mini delay on the red channel was terrible, makes everything sound like ****, to think i almost gigged with it
thats a shame dude, I dont kno if youve had a chance to try the satchurator yet but that really is a very cool pedal.
I tried it for teh first time in my local lshop yesterday, purposly pickup up an average guitar and used a 'starter' type bargain amp, it sounded great all the way through the gain stages, blues, rock, shread, I would use it for anything..
im gonna get one for sure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 164 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 09:05 AM

The satchurator is top notch. Very responsive to small changes, to attack, cleans up really (I mean really) well with the volume button, and I have used it on my squier strat, my Les Paul, my JEms and my UV and on cheap to higher end amps, and it does the job (although of course not to the same extent) in all those situation. Even running my affinity squier through the satchurator and a Line 6 clean channel I got a very decent distrotion out of it.

Check it out ! And did I say it was 'very' responsive ?

PS : not to mention it can actually perform like the jemini as a "dual" distortion : set a nice crunchy distortion as basic setting (or even distortion at 3pm which is allready pretty high), when ready hit on "more" and you get full blown lead sound ... definitaly two pedals in one.
post #153 of 164 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 10:55 AM

steve vai has really let me down here lol, ive started to use the boss metal core pedal more, and it sounds waaaay better than the jemini.
post #154 of 164 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 11:14 AM

Quote:
steve vai has really let me down here lol, ive started to use the boss metal core pedal more, and it sounds waaaay better than the jemini.
guitar and amp?
post #155 of 164 (permalink) Old 12-01-2008, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Not a very sensible comparison when the Jemini is clearly NOT designed to produce Metal tones.

IMO it does exactly what it is supposed to do pretty well & is worth the money I paid for it.
post #156 of 164 (permalink) Old 06-29-2009, 10:02 PM

anyone else get the tiny delay from switching one of the pedals on?
post #157 of 164 (permalink) Old 06-30-2009, 06:51 AM

Not me but I think this was already discussed in this or in another thread and the conclusion was that the fault was in a cheap power supply.
post #158 of 164 (permalink) Old 07-01-2009, 08:02 AM

Reviews: 4

i have one
and personally i dont a tube amp, but when i get a legacy or mesa bnoogie if this sucks balls im gonan buy a damage control solid metal
http://damagecontrolusa.com/products/solid-metal/
but damage control - listen to sound clips, its orgasm! and with two tubes in it?
the jemini's just a money maker
post #159 of 164 (permalink) Old 09-26-2009, 08:30 AM

Hello, new here and i have been reading this thread ith interest recently.

Well i got a jemini last week and i love it!
Using a Parker Fly (mahogany neck + body - therfore quite a 'dark' guitar) into a Legacy 2x12 combo.
Green channel is a great classic rock type sound, ACDC, blues crunch, light rock'n'roll sort of sound.
Red channel is definitely a higher gain thicker, more modern sounding distortion.
With the gain set really low, the green channel makes a nice compressed+boost sound for dire straits solo (you know the one!).
A major advantage of this pedal over separates is that although there are 2 distinct pedals, turning one on turns the other off, halving the amount of stomping.
This is a very versatile disto box. Tone control requires careful tweaking, admittedly or it can get a bit fizzy. It won't do scooped metal but then neither does the legacy. The people creaming themselves over the Damage Control pedal are missing the point somewhat and should listen to more Vai stuff to see where he is coming from! The soundclips linked-to above are all for thrash metal by the sounds of it.

As for the question - why don't you just use the Legacy gain?
Legacy gain is lovely. But adding a jemini means i no longer have a 2 channel amp, but a 6 channel amp.
Clean
Clean + green
Clean + red
Lead
Lead + green
Lead + red

Vai designed the legacy to be used with a stomp box.

I borrowed a vox satchurator before trying a jemini. The vox satchurator had a *great* tone. It really did. But only one. The other settings started getting too saturated (obviously!), fizzy and overcooked. Just like Surfing with the alien tone. But to me that sound is very 80's, very dated and i don't like it. The boost button did relatively little on high gain settings. It just made it fizzier and fatter rather than much louder for solos. I was going to get one but was disappointed.
*maybe my setup is not right* i accept this.

/my 2p worth
post #160 of 164 (permalink) Old 09-26-2009, 08:31 AM

oh and the video clips don't do the jemini justice. Even Vai's video has other effects on it :-(
post #161 of 164 (permalink) Old 12-19-2009, 03:38 AM

I have been using Jemini since its release. It is not like any other pedal. There are some similarities, but it is tweaked. Don't count on Vai's tone with it tough. He is using tons of other gadgets when playing.
At the same time it is a great pedal.
Left (green) side is more like Tube Screamer, while right (red) side is more like DS-1 on steroids. Kinda similar to Keeley's modified DS-1.
Using green for blues and hard rock, while red for heavy stuff and solos.
I am using it on my pedal board with Boss Metal Zone MT-2 that can take me even a step further into squealing (harmonics) zone.

Guitar: LesPaul with EMG 81/85.
Amp: Marshall MG15DFX with slight reverb on, but with that gear any amp should do with EQ at noon.
I have tried it with 5150 half stack, and Marshall AVT half stack with comparable pleasing results.

Highly recommended, and $199 for two in one pedal is not that bad after all.
Just compare it to other signature effects.
post #162 of 164 (permalink) Old 12-19-2009, 06:50 AM

Reviews: 2

I can't really recommend it. There are better alternatives to the overdrive part, and most certainly to the distortion part for 199$. Also the amount of noise introduced when simply putting the led switch, (that should have nothing to do with the audio path imo) on the bright setting for better stage view is just ridiculous. And second to that, the power consumption of the whole pedal almost doubles when looking at the specs (so not friendly for my Trex power distributor. This made me really doubt the construction of this unit. Althouhg I didn't have a chance to test it, I would certainly take a look at a Visual Sound Jekyll and Hyde of you like such a combo.
post #163 of 164 (permalink) Old 12-19-2009, 07:15 AM
Banned

Reviews: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam-Vai View Post
the jemini's just a money maker
?????????????????????????????????????????????

Please tell me where did you see gear for free?!
What gear isn't a money maker?
Who is giving free gear?
Even the air you breath is in your taxes so please..........no more dumb phrases like that..........pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase!
BTW that damage control pedal TO ME sounds very annoying but we all now tones are subjective so saying this or that pedal is an "orgasm" or annoying means nothing cause we all have our own ears and tastes,what is good for one is crap to the other.
About jemini..........well I won't pay Vai's bills buying his pedal LOL

Last edited by 6fingers; 12-19-2009 at 07:21 AM.
post #164 of 164 (permalink) Old 12-19-2009, 09:42 AM

Reviews: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverburst View Post
And second to that, the power consumption of the whole pedal almost doubles when looking at the specs
Interesting point to notice.

Tags
boost pedal , control knobs , david mccarroll , distorted tone , distorted tones , distortion pedal , evh phase , ibanez catalog , jemini pedal , jsx head , monkey grip , overdrive pedal , pedal board , playing guitar , sam ash , signature guitar , soldano slo , steve vai , super overdrive , tremolo cavity , zakk wylde

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode