Jemini Pedal - Page 4 - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #46 of 164 (permalink) Old 01-23-2008, 06:41 PM

Re: Jemini Pedal

nice handles..lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 164 (permalink) Old 01-23-2008, 06:54 PM

Reviews: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeshredder View Post
a few tours ago Vai was using the EVH phaser until word got out and he switched it...so lets see if Vai uses the factory pedal...it doesnt have his name on it so contractually he may not even use it... and if he has it modded..thanks
You really think Vai would stop using the EVH phaser just because "word got out"?

Whatever.
post #48 of 164 (permalink) Old 01-23-2008, 06:57 PM

My answer is Yes
it was discussed at the Vai site after the Westbury NY show....next show it was gone and a standard mxr was in it place...draw your own conclusion
post #49 of 164 (permalink) Old 01-23-2008, 07:17 PM

If anyone is interested, I have some of these on order and can beat all the big stores on price.

Matt

Matt's Music Center
35 Pleasant St
Weymouth MA 02190 USA
781-335-0700
www.mattsmusic.com
post #50 of 164 (permalink) Old 01-23-2008, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeshredder View Post
My answer is Yes
it was discussed at the Vai site after the Westbury NY show....next show it was gone and a standard mxr was in it place...draw your own conclusion
I think you're being silly.

http://www.vai.com/phpBB2/viewtopic....ghlight=phaser

It was published in a magazine. I have that issue. You really think he'd let it be photographed / published if he was embarrassed to be seen with it?

Vai changes his rig all the time anyway. Good luck guessing which version of what distortion pedal he's used for any particular show for the last six years.
post #51 of 164 (permalink) Old 01-23-2008, 08:05 PM

you guys dont mess around 'round here... it seemed the only obvious conclusion at the time...Real Illusions tour....ok ..hes god again..lol
post #52 of 164 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 01:18 AM

Seriously... no offense intended, Axeshredder. I just can't see him changing his rig for such a reason. He's Steve Vai! He just seems to play what he likes and that's that. I know I wouldn't care if anyone knew which pedal I used were I in his shoes.
post #53 of 164 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 02:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
There may be a few pattern but I don't believe they are swirls, just look like it. My eyes are getting bad enough I couldn't be positive by looking at it but I took a couple close ups that show the pixilization. Unless it's the camera playing tricks on me.

Awww, good job ruining everyones hopes and dreams . Yeah, it looks like they may have had a huge sheet of plastic with a swirl pattern on it, and they cut it up and heat shrunk/bonded it to the metal casing just like the plastic wrap on a battery. I seriously can't see how hard it would be to make a automated dunk tank.
post #54 of 164 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 05:18 AM

what is the interest in using two distortion pedals while you have a legacy amps ?
Does someone know why Steve Vai is using them while he has this great custom amp ?!
post #55 of 164 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankde9 View Post
what is the interest in using two distortion pedals while you have a legacy amps ?
Does someone know why Steve Vai is using them while he has this great custom amp ?!
...as a boost? The Legacy is a fairly low gain amp.
post #56 of 164 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 06:03 AM

I remember reading an interview somewhere that steve said that when he is playing fast the ts-9 does not track well so he is switching to the ds-1.
post #57 of 164 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyr Machine View Post
...as a boost? The Legacy is a fairly low gain amp.
it's his custom amp, he should have asked for more gain insteed of adding some boost pedals .. it's quite strange for me ....
post #58 of 164 (permalink) Old 01-24-2008, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankde9 View Post
it's his custom amp, he should have asked for more gain insteed of adding some boost pedals .. it's quite strange for me ....
That does seem like a simple solution,.. and it is..

But the current setup is more flexable ( no pun intended ):
Clean
Slightly distorted (DS-1/TS-9)
Distortion ( Legacy channel 2 )
Lead1 ( Legacy + DS-1 )
Lead2 ( legacy + TS-9 )

PLUS, the distorted channel can still be cleaned up by rolling back the guitar volume.
post #59 of 164 (permalink) Old 01-31-2008, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbarelaxe View Post
I remember reading an interview somewhere that steve said that when he is playing fast the ts-9 does not track well so he is switching to the ds-1.
I think it's the other way around.

Anyway, here's Ibanez's press release, which clarifies the 'identical distortions' mistake.

Ibanez Debuts The Jemini Steve Vai Signature Effects Pedal

The latest Ibanez 'must-have' was small in size but hard to miss at the Ibanez NAMM booth in Anaheim. The multicolor die-cast zinc case of the new Steve Vai signature distortion pedal makes sure it will stand out on even the most crowded pedal board. "However, some players may need less pedals in their rigs if they have a JEMINI," said Lucian Tu of Ibanez. "The JEMINI is beyond versatile, with both TS9 Tubescreamer overdrive as well as the classic distortion tones long associated with Steve Vai. So you can achieve anything from just a subtle bit of overdrive boost to completely full-blown, all-out distorted tones.

Both the distortion section and TS9 overdrive are all carefully Steve Vai-tweaked and modified, the result of information gleaned from extensive touring with proto-types and constant consultation between Steve and our designers during that time."

The JEMINI's unique multicolor casing features on-off LED lights that surround the control knobs for exceptional visibility as well as a Vai symbol on the footpedals. The list price is $285.70

For more information, visit their web site at www.ibanez.com.
post #60 of 164 (permalink) Old 01-31-2008, 07:39 PM

I'll bet Keeley and other aftermarket modifying companies are grinning from ear to ear thinking about the $ they'll make modifying this new pedal(s)

I use a TS-9 currently in my rig and seeing how this is both a TS-9 and a DS-1, I might try out a DS-1 in my current rig and see if it has a use, if it does then I could possibly add the Jemini. If the DS-1 doesn't have a use in my board I probably won't buy a Jemini, which would free up $ to add a Hughes and Kettner Rotosphere and a nice tube tremolo pedal to my setup.

Tags
boost pedal , control knobs , david mccarroll , distorted tone , distorted tones , distortion pedal , evh phase , ibanez catalog , jemini pedal , jsx head , monkey grip , overdrive pedal , pedal board , playing guitar , sam ash , signature guitar , soldano slo , steve vai , super overdrive , tremolo cavity , zakk wylde

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode