Jemini Pedal - Page 5 - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 164 (permalink) Old 01-31-2008, 08:19 PM

Re: Jemini Pedal

Don't really see how it could be a Tube Screamer and a DS-1 in one pedal given that one is Ibanez and the other is Boss, eh?

In any case having just auditioned a million overdrive pedals before plunking down cash, it couldn't possibly hold a candle to the Fulltone OCD and Fulldrive 2 that I eventually settled for....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 164 (permalink) Old 02-01-2008, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David McCarroll View Post
Don't really see how it could be a Tube Screamer and a DS-1 in one pedal given that one is Ibanez and the other is Boss, eh?

In any case having just auditioned a million overdrive pedals before plunking down cash, it couldn't possibly hold a candle to the Fulltone OCD and Fulldrive 2 that I eventually settled for....
other companies have copied the tube screamer circuit for years now... you'd actually be hard pressed to find a company that doesn't have an overdrive pedal based on a tube screamer circuit.

a Boss SD-1 (Super Overdrive, the yellow pedal) is a Boss clone of a Tube Screamer, it just has Boss' asymetrical clipping vs the Ibanez non-asymetrical clipping. The Boss version produces more crunch and harmonics but it's a clone of a Tube Screamer.

So having both a "tube screamer" on one side and a "boss ds-1" on the other side isn't THAT mind blowing.
post #63 of 164 (permalink) Old 02-01-2008, 10:47 AM

according to petie post Ibanez never said its a boss DS1. it is described as a classic distortion without mentioning any brand name.
post #64 of 164 (permalink) Old 02-01-2008, 11:13 AM

Reviews: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petie View Post
"The JEMINI is beyond versatile, with both TS9 Tubescreamer overdrive as well as the classic distortion tones long associated with Steve Vai."
As he's had a DS-1 in his effects loop for quite some time, I'd say they're referring to a DS-1; they just can't call it that by name or market it as such.
And technically, the Jemini is it's OWN pedal in that you can combine OD and Distortion (which are different!) into its own unique sound.
post #65 of 164 (permalink) Old 02-01-2008, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbarelaxe View Post
according to petie post Ibanez never said its a boss DS1. it is described as a classic distortion without mentioning any brand name.
They definitely allude that is what it is but by no means is it an actual DS-1, just Ibanez's version of the DS-1.
post #66 of 164 (permalink) Old 02-01-2008, 06:05 PM

I guess it's also worth noting this bit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petie View Post
Both the distortion section and TS9 overdrive are all carefully Steve Vai-tweaked and modified, the result of information gleaned from extensive touring with proto-types and constant consultation between Steve and our designers during that time."
Steve's been using modified versions of these pedals for years, and while he sometimes used a regular DS-1 on later tours, instead of his Keeley-modified ones, I'm sure they took some 'inspiration' from o'er the pond.
post #67 of 164 (permalink) Old 02-02-2008, 12:15 PM
Banned

Last edited by Rodney James; 04-09-2008 at 11:04 PM.
post #68 of 164 (permalink) Old 02-16-2008, 09:54 AM

Reviews: 10

139 for UK on machinehead site.
post #69 of 164 (permalink) Old 02-18-2008, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodney James View Post
Swirl Tone!
Maybe it should have been a Uni-Vibe instead of a distortion....oh, Steve doesn't use a Uni-Vibe

I should try to talk guitarnutterUK or courtney2018 into swirling the housing on one of my pedals. I think they would do a great job and I'd be proud to own a piece of their personal art I could use on my pedal board.
post #70 of 164 (permalink) Old 02-18-2008, 12:13 PM

Reviews: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by screamndemon69 View Post
I should try to talk guitarnutterUK or courtney2018 into swirling the housing on one of my pedals.

Send it on over.

post #71 of 164 (permalink) Old 02-18-2008, 05:33 PM

The JEM guitars (most of them at least) look very nice and classy. The Legacy amp looks even more classy. And then comes the Jemini and looks cheaper and uglier than anything I've seen in any toy shop.... :S
post #72 of 164 (permalink) Old 02-18-2008, 08:50 PM

If the pedal sounds good I would definitely buy it. Looks, specially, a swirl, are a definite plus!!!
post #73 of 164 (permalink) Old 02-18-2008, 09:05 PM

Reviews: 16

I believe that the swirl is actually a graphic. This might be in this thread somewhere - don't know. I heard it was like a screen printed graphic that's put on, and there's like 4 different prints. Is that true or am I repeating a rumor?

post #74 of 164 (permalink) Old 02-18-2008, 09:12 PM

Cool Re: Jemini Pedal

Quote:
Originally Posted by courtney2018 View Post

I believe that the swirl is actually a graphic. This might be in this thread somewhere - don't know. I heard it was like a screen printed graphic that's put on, and there's like 4 different prints. Is that true or am I repeating a rumor?

Graphic or not I think it's still nice, isn't it???
post #75 of 164 (permalink) Old 02-18-2008, 09:16 PM

it needs two things:

-a handle
-this is the good one here....a way to attatch a fan so that when you stomp on it for a solo boost, the fan engages and you get the windblown effect for the duration of your solo.

Tags
boost pedal , control knobs , david mccarroll , distorted tone , distorted tones , distortion pedal , evh phase , ibanez catalog , jemini pedal , jsx head , monkey grip , overdrive pedal , pedal board , playing guitar , sam ash , signature guitar , soldano slo , steve vai , super overdrive , tremolo cavity , zakk wylde

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode