The Jemsite guide to amps - Page 8 - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #106 of 124 (permalink) Old 05-20-2009, 08:21 PM

Re: The Jemsite guide to amps

I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of you have not heard of them as they aren't even made anymore, but I highly recommend Sovtek amps. They have fantastic cleans but limited higher gain sounds. But, they are fantastic as a base for pedals to work on. They don't make great sounds, but they transmit them from effects astoundingly well. And, they are only around $500 on the bay.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #107 of 124 (permalink) Old 08-01-2009, 09:41 PM

what i have to know for a good amp for my 7string? (low g)
post #108 of 124 (permalink) Old 08-27-2009, 07:32 PM

OFF SUBJECT BUT WHICH BRIDGE PICKUP SHOULD I PUT IN MY GUITAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i have a air zone jb tb and d activater but i dont like air zone or tb
post #109 of 124 (permalink) Old 10-11-2009, 07:44 PM

Reviews: 130

FYI--Marshall is REALLY pumping up their product line. Along with the Class 5 combo which is an all-tube Class A single-ended combo, they are also launching the Marshall "MA" line which is an entry-level all-tube Marshall. I guess they're trying to compete with Bugera and the lower-end tube Peavey, etc. amps. Comes in 50 or 100-watt head or combo.

http://www.marshallamps.com/product_...ductRangeId=30

Cheers,

Race
post #110 of 124 (permalink) Old 01-02-2010, 04:07 PM

Reviews: 130

Further to the Marshall line, they've now announced they're introducing the JMD:1 line at NAMM 2010--evidently this is something with a modeling preamp section with 16 models driven through a single ECC83 Valve, then a full 4 x EL34 power section. Probably looking to compete with Line6 Spider Valve, Peavey Vyper and VOX Valvetronix.
post #111 of 124 (permalink) Old 01-07-2010, 09:54 PM

any idea where the MA Series are manufactured?
post #112 of 124 (permalink) Old 01-09-2010, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerevlon View Post
Further to the Marshall line, they've now announced they're introducing the JMD:1 line at NAMM 2010--evidently this is something with a modeling preamp section with 16 models driven through a single ECC83 Valve, then a full 4 x EL34 power section. Probably looking to compete with Line6 Spider Valve, Peavey Vyper and VOX Valvetronix.
mmm..I play through a line 6 now, used to use a marshall...loving the sound of this

UPDATE: I now run the line 6 (which is a 200w flextone II head) through the Marshall, a 1973 50w head, and it sounds amazing!! I get the bells and whisles of the line 6 with the tone of the marshall..I'm in tone heaven

Last edited by 560licious; 04-24-2010 at 08:45 AM. Reason: better tone!
post #113 of 124 (permalink) Old 10-30-2010, 03:38 PM

Hi All!
Does anyone have any experience with Mesa Boogie Mark IV & Bogner 2x12 oversized cab?
I'm thinking of buying one. I have the Boogie & the original 4x12 cab (heavy as hell)
but would like to get a 2x12 for the smaller gigs.
Also, I got an email that I was going to be 86'd from the site for non activity....
I certainly don't want that!
I've been busy playing my new Ibanez SR600 Bass with my new punk band & haven't had the time to visit.
Seriously though about the Bogner. I found one on a site which I can't mention here for
$550. including shipping.
what do y'all think?
\m/
post #114 of 124 (permalink) Old 11-22-2010, 12:27 AM

My 2 cents. I've got a 5150 combo with Marshal celestions and upgraded tubes. It sounds awesome. I hate the heads cause they're biased so cold. But the combo sounds great and can be picked up at a great price.
post #115 of 124 (permalink) Old 11-22-2010, 01:10 AM

cool.
since my post I was able to buy a very used 2x12 Mesa upright slant 1/2 back cab.
...the one with the 80 lb grill....lol
I'm just happy to now have a 2x12 cab.
and the fact that the Mesa is bigger than any other that I've seen
makes it.....well......just damn cool I guess...and my Mark IV sits perfectly on top.
post #116 of 124 (permalink) Old 03-07-2011, 09:45 AM

Any chance of getting a listing of preferred pre-amps (rack mount variety)?
post #117 of 124 (permalink) Old 11-08-2011, 09:45 PM

Nice idea Orange. It would take some extra searching, but it *might* be a good idea to include links to popular threads about the amps. Like a few good ones out of the thousands of "should I buy a Legacy?" or "how does a Triaxis sound?" thre

Last edited by Pata5359; 11-08-2011 at 09:53 PM.
post #118 of 124 (permalink) Old 12-14-2011, 07:05 AM

May I add Brunetti amps (http://www.brunetti.it/index_en.php ?)Made in Italy, used by Kiko Loureiro for a while, now used by David Kilminster (Roger Waters - The Wall tour) and Guthrie Govan for his 2011 Italian tour.
2-3 weeks ago Kee Marcello went to the factory and chosed a Mercury 100w head (https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...12677553_n.jpg).
Only tube amps and preamps: from the tiny combos Metropolitan & Maranello to the very high end heads Mercury and Mark.
Listen to the samples, you'll be pleased.
post #119 of 124 (permalink) Old 02-14-2012, 12:55 PM

I need to sell an amp. I don't trust craigslist. Can anyone recommend abetter place to advertise it for sale?
post #120 of 124 (permalink) Old 07-01-2012, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickybobbie View Post
I need to sell an amp. I don't trust craigslist. Can anyone recommend abetter place to advertise it for sale?
try kijiji, its almost the same as craigslist, I think its better tho because i find that there is more guitars and gear but thats in my area. try it out, its a pretty good site or you could take it to your local music store

Tags
adrian belew , amp head , amp heads , amp tone , andy summers , andy timmons , angus young , bass response , blue voodoo , bogner ecstacy , bogner shiva , bogner uberschall , boogie road king , boogie triaxis , boss pedal , boss pedals , bridge pickup , clean tone , combo amp , crate blue voodoo , david mccarroll , devin townsend , diezel herbert , eddie van halen , engl powerball , eric johnson , extension cab , fat tone , fender strat , fender stratocaster , flextone iii , guitar playing , heavy metal , high gain amp , jerry cantrell , jimi hendrix , jimmy page , john petrucci , lee jackson , leo fender , les paul , les pauls , mark iic , mark knopfler , marshall amp , marshall avt , marshall jmp , marshall jtm , marshall tsl , mesa boogie , mesa boogie triaxis , mesa dual , mesa mark , mesa nomad , mesa rectifier , mike keneally , music store , neil zaza , nuno bettencourt , output pickup , paul gilbert , peavey jsx , pod pro , power amp , power amps , practice amp , preamp gain , preamp tube , rack pre , ray vaughan , ritchie blackmore , rivera amps , rivera tbr , robert fripp , roland cube , scott ian , soldano slo , steve lukather , steve morse , steve vai , stevie ray , stevie ray vaughan , strat plus , string guitars , thd hotplate , tony iommi , triple rectifier , tube amp , tube amps , tube combo , tube head , tung sol , twin reverb , van halen , versatile amp , vox valvetronix , zakk wylde

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode