Joe Satriani's harmony sound, which pedal? - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-19-2012, 02:34 AM Thread Starter

Question Joe Satriani's harmony sound, which pedal?

Hey.

I hears his epic harmony sound in a song, which i link above. Live ofc.
Anyone know which pedal he uses to get that harmony tone?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07I13...eature=related

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-19-2012, 06:16 AM

Reviews: 2
Re: Joe Satriani's harmony sound, which pedal?

He uses a Voodoo Lab Proctavia to get the "simpeler" harmony like tones. Since somewhere Super colossal he started using the Electro harmonics POG to get that extremer multi voiced sound stuff you hear here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srZ969GALVg

His setup lately, pedals start at about 2.30 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-aXH...eature=related

As for "why", not exactly sure, but I'd guess the Proctavia with a chorus or something like that. The POG wasn't around during the Extremist days
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-20-2012, 01:56 AM

"Why" is played with a Digitech 33B Super Harmony Machine. They don't make it anymore AFAIK. In the same video Silverburst posted he talks about them at 4:48.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-20-2012, 02:07 AM

Reviews: 6

For "why", AFAIR this was an eventide 3000. Joe explains on the guitar rig rundown of premier guitar (no access to YT at work) during the wormhole tour that he uses the eventide 3000 (with a spare one in redundancy) only for this song.
But maybe my memory fails...
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-20-2012, 06:19 AM

Reviews: 2

Ah yes now I remember the old digitechs were there on the back in his rack. Gorgot it might have been for Why. I'd guess he could get close with the pog. Not a cheap pedal btw.

Tags
harmony , joe , satriani , sound

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode