Just headphones with the guitar.... - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-24-2003, 12:19 PM Thread Starter

Just headphones with the guitar....

Just moved in with som friends in a small house. They don't like my playing. I have to buy something to use in stead of an amp. Is the POD or V-amp possible to use with headphones? Any other things?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-24-2003, 12:35 PM

Yep, any of the POD or Vamp type things are great with headphones. My recommendation for best quality would have to be the PODxt.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-24-2003, 01:44 PM

What about a Rockman?
Anyone remember those?

-Ben
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-24-2003, 01:45 PM

Re: Just headphones with the guitar....

Quote:
Originally Posted by satch
Just moved in with som friends in a small house. They don't like my playing.
You either need to practice a lot more, or get some new friends.

I'm about to do the same, but thankfully one of the other guys is justr picking up the guitar, so out of four of us, two play- we can't get completely overruled.

-D
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-24-2003, 09:11 PM

POD works great for headphones. That's primarily why I got a POD (well...that and 32 amp models and 16 cabinets....). I do most of my playing late in the evening after the wife and kids are in bed. If they listen really hard, they can only hear my un-amplified strings.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-24-2003, 09:59 PM

Another option is the Korg Pandora...pretty good sounds and has some fun rhythm tracks to jam with. Very portable.
Greg
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-25-2003, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkelm
Another option is the Korg Pandora...pretty good sounds and has some fun rhythm tracks to jam with. Very portable.
Greg
Yeah, I managed to squeeze some pretty good tones out of the first version (PXR-1). Surprisingly, I can't make PODxt sound as good _through the headphones_.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-25-2003, 01:01 AM

I use a Zoom 9002 and it sounds great through headphones. I know they're a little old, but a lot of the guys that have them swear by them for headphone playing. You can get them used for great prices on various auction sites.

PS- I also use it to hook into my computer (using the headphone outs) for recording, and it gives a nice sound through the stereo speakers. I love my Zoom!
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-25-2003, 02:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastofLove
What about a Rockman?
Anyone remember those?

-Ben
I do, I do. It actually sounded great. I think it had a belt clip. They aren't/weren't the most durable units ever made, though. You can still get them.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-25-2003, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastofLove
What about a Rockman?
Anyone remember those?

-Ben
I still have mine. It's probably the one piece of gear I'll never sell. I prefer the chorus off setting.

(Unless someone wants to trade for a Pandora. )
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-26-2003, 07:27 AM

I've had a Rockman. It died, so now I only have a Sustainer. Great for stacked harmonies.

I still have my 9002. Personally, I don't think it measures up to any of the new ones - Zoom's PS-02, Korg's Pandora, etc.

None of these little guys match the full size modelers, IMO. my DG Stomp and V-Amp cream those things. Still, nothing beats hangin' out in the park with a little headphone amp AND being able to record it!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode