kinda stupid but..... - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010, 06:32 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 11
kinda stupid but.....

...how do i get pickups from Dimarzio that i really want? i mean specifically what i want, not just the right color. i know i want white blaze bridge and white D activator both with black poles, magnets, whatever you want to call them. or do they come with that color poles depending on that color you get?

please help, thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010, 06:49 PM

Reviews: 12
Re: kinda stupid but.....

usually, you tell your dealer the exact specs i.e.
bar side = purple, pole side = black
all black poles

or maybe

black
all gold poles

if you don't mention anything about the poles, sometimes the dealer will usually order chrome as its the 'default' option.
Sometimes if you're feeling experimental, i'm sure you can order 'mix and match' poles in one pup :P

Reg
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010, 06:50 PM

Try banjomikez on Eb-- or at his store in Harrisburg Pa. Great guy to deal with will have what you want or will get it for you very quickly.He is very cool and kinda an old school kinda guy give him a try.
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010, 06:59 PM Thread Starter

i assume by "dealer" you mean just guitar center, sam ash, etc.? and ill look him up
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010, 07:35 PM

Reviews: 9

DiMarzios have a standard pole colour, eg all the satch pickups have chrome poles whereas PAF Pros or EVOs have black poles. These are that standard so any stock pickups you order, in any colour, will be this way. DiMarzio are an awesome bunch of guys though, and will make up anything, and every now and again a special order will pop up and have different colour poles, or will be in a funny colour scheme etc etc.

The pics on dimarzio.com all show what colour the poles will be as standard.

To directly answer your question, ANY DiMarzio dealer can get them for you.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010, 08:00 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun111 View Post
DiMarzios have a standard pole colour, eg all the satch pickups have chrome poles whereas PAF Pros or EVOs have black poles. These are that standard so any stock pickups you order, in any colour, will be this way. DiMarzio are an awesome bunch of guys though, and will make up anything, and every now and again a special order will pop up and have different colour poles, or will be in a funny colour scheme etc etc.

The pics on dimarzio.com all show what colour the poles will be as standard.

To directly answer your question, ANY DiMarzio dealer can get them for you.
VERY helpful answer. thanks a ton

so i go up to the desk at guitar center and place an order and theyll call me when they get it or what?
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010, 08:15 PM

Reviews: 9

I dunno about guitar centre specifically, but yes that should be how it works. I might suggest going through rich, I'll bet he has a good relationship with DiMarzio.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010, 08:20 PM Thread Starter

i didnt even know he sold pickups. ive never really searched his site before (i know i cant find an rg thats not a prestige or j. custom to save my life!) but yea, ill see what he can do. and i think GC can do it, i know they sell dimarzios in all the stores ive been in
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010, 08:59 PM
Vendor

Dimarzio won't authorize internet only dealers. I order through my little local dealer, whom I would also suggest you support. They care more about your small order than any box store.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010, 09:49 PM Thread Starter

whos the local dealer your order through?
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by corpraider69 View Post
Try banjomikez on Eb-- or at his store in Harrisburg Pa. Great guy to deal with will have what you want or will get it for you very quickly.He is very cool and kinda an old school kinda guy give him a try.

+1. Mike is FAST! Very.
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010, 10:20 PM

You could always try one of our sponsors. They support us; never hurts to return the favor
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-17-2010, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim777 View Post
You could always try one of our sponsors. They support us; never hurts to return the favor
Yes Rich at Ibanez Rules is first class as always its been said so much that people who been here awhile take it for granted that everyone knows what a good job he does.And I also have dealt with Matt's Music as well and he provided excellent service at a great price and very easy to work with as well.Banjomikez on EB-- provided like exceptional choice service,speed, and price,plus mike the owner is quite a character to talk to and deal with.His positive feedback is well deserved I got like 10 pickups all different models and specified colors and pole piece colors in like 2 days for like way less than to order them through guitar center Dimarzio or any local music store which would took like 6 weeks and cost way way more.Maybe I shoulda called Rich but he didnt have the selection and colors banjomikez did.Rich's setup ability and value added on a new guitar in service warranty work and weeded out bad stock is just exceptional but he cant be the best at everything.By all means support the good vendors here but if you need some colored Dimarzio's or Duncans quickly for a good price give banjomikez a shot and see how it goes.
Jemsite should try to sign him up as a vendor.
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-17-2010, 01:36 AM
Vendor

I would love it if Dimarzio would authorize me. I'd stock deep, and I don't believe they have the Advertised Price restrictions that I have to deal with in guitars. But they are strict in their storefront only policy. I've tried to convince them, used the "you sell to MF" argument, but nothing phases them ;/
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-17-2010, 02:00 AM

Rich you r still the man.You done alot for guitar players by providing instruments that play like guitars players dream of guitars playing.Which make them play better feel better and make better music.Cause when u get a guitar setup just right it plays so nice you cant believe all the other guitars you ever played and all the off the rack guitars that dont feel right even high end stuff. I mean it makes people stick with it and get better.Not to mention all the free advice and your setup stuff on your website and tutorials on like cleaning a fretboard is like the best stuff on the web or anywhere.Plus back in the day you used to do all that work that charge for for free not that its not worth it or shouldnt charge for it.Everyone needs atleast one platinum setup or pro setup whatever you r calling it these days.Keep up the good work..

Tags
dimarzio

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode