Komet Amps.... - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-12-2006, 06:50 PM Thread Starter

Question Komet Amps....

Hey everyone, just wondering if anyone here on Jemsite has or does use Komet amps. I'm thinking about purchasing "the Komet". I'm very impressed at how "touch" sensitive they seem to be to slight fingering and picking nuances. I know there are a ton of boutique amps available, but I'm looking for a head that will sound good whether I'm playing slide or riffing and has a natural tone not just "saturation city" or extreme mid cut or boost. Thanks for any input....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-12-2006, 09:22 PM Thread Starter

Re: Komet Amps....

Nobody has any info on these????
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-12-2006, 11:05 PM

Komet's website is here if you haven't been there already. They have all the info you should need.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-12-2006, 11:27 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonehead189 View Post
Komet's website is here if you haven't been there already. They have all the info you should need.
Thanks..... I've been to the web site and have already talked to them. You used to be able to get them direct, but now have to order them through their distributor. They did say I could come to Baton Rouge to pick it up though.
I was just wondering if anyone here had actually used one and could give me some first hand feedback.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-12-2006, 11:32 PM

Sorry man, I personally haven't played one or had any on hands experience with them. However, the sound clips sound great and I think they are pretty impressive.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-13-2006, 12:06 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonehead189 View Post
Sorry man, I personally haven't played one or had any on hands experience with them. However, the sound clips sound great and I think they are pretty impressive.
I hate to drop that kinda $$$ without actually taking one for a test drive or speaking to some owners..... I guess I'll have to wait until I'm in Baton Rouge again and stop in their shop to get some hands on.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-13-2006, 12:13 AM

I wouldn't just lay down that kinda money without takeing it for a spin either. It's always better to try out an amp before you buy it, you probably had known that already.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode