Korg pandora - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-24-2004, 04:26 PM Thread Starter

Korg pandora

I work a lot of graveyardshifts, and my guitar always follows me,
therefore i thought about buying something small and handy, like the pandora...

how is it?

anyone have one for sale?
straymond is online  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-24-2004, 05:21 PM

Re: Korg pandora

Quote:
Originally Posted by straymond
I work a lot of graveyardshifts, and my guitar always follows me,
therefore i thought about buying something small and handy, like the pandora...

how is it?

anyone have one for sale?
It's not bad. I had a 2 and a 3. Although the 2 was a little noiser, it was good and didn't eat up AAA batteries like the 3 does.

Now I use a Zoom one that records to smart media. The sounds on all these are comparable - they're usable (and way better than my old Zoom 4001), but no match for ANY full size modeler (I have a Vamp2 and a DG Stomp, and both smoke these little units).

There are newer models out now, though, so maybe the sounds are better yet. Or get the older ones dirt cheap off eBay (my Korgs were under $70 each).
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-25-2004, 11:08 AM

Reviews: 1
I have the PX-2 and like it a lot, it is a useful unit in that you can run a line in from a CD or MP3 player and jam along with whatever.
I bought the PX-3 for a trip I took for training and thought it was pretty neat with a phrase sampler that you can slow down and learn difficult passages. I returned it once I got back, it is battery hungry and at $260 new ( a couple years ago ) it was a bit expensive for me. now they sell for 70-80 bux online. (used) They have a cheesy drum machine but it makes a good metronome too. I like the sounds on the unit overall.
Bamm
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-27-2004, 12:58 PM

I've had a PX2 and got a PX4 last year - right before the big blackout actually, so the timing was great!

I've had good luck with batteries so far. You'll go through them faster if you keep the backlight on often or use the wireless headphone option more often as well. I've gotten some surprisingly authentic sounds out of it and accidentally came up with something that makes my DBK sound almost exactly like a hollowbody.

Recently I've been plugging it in directly to my analog 4-track in my apartment to jot down some ideas and the tones have been great. I arranged my user programs like this:

first bunch are for use between guitar and amp.
the others were programmed for headphone use.
and the last bunch I wrote for FX-loop sounds.

Mike 777 Haug
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-27-2004, 02:51 PM
JFT

I use the PX-4B (for bass) and it is VERY noisy (even with no effects ON). I don't expect the guitar version to be better.

Definitively not worth it if you want to record. If you want to Jam then the beat box inside is pretty neat.

Practice value => Very Good

Any recording => piece of ****

JFT
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-28-2004, 07:29 PM Thread Starter

some dude over here is offering his 3.
think i'll buy it..
and maybe throw in an adapter
straymond is online  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode