Legacy 4 info wanted - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-05-2016, 09:14 AM Thread Starter

Legacy 4 info wanted

So I'm in the market for a new amp and I am looking to see if anyone has any info about the legacy 4. When will it be out? Street price? Design changes? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Ive heard a few rumors but nothing I could confirm. Do any of you currently use and enjoy the legacy 3?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-05-2016, 11:27 AM

Re: Legacy 4 info wanted

I didn't think there was even been rumor of a legacy 4 being an actual thing. Vai still sticks to the legacy 1 primarily, while occasionally playing the 3. The 3 is literally a shrunken version of the 1, with a master volume, 3rd channel, variable output switch, and digital reverb instead of spring. I have a legacy 3 and its great. It fixes the short comings (to the average player) of the original legacy, without the tonal changes of the legacy 2. The 3 pretty much exists only for the fans, because the issues don't matter to Vai. The L3 is smaller and lighter, but he has roadies. You can get the same/similar tones at different volumes on the L3, where as Vai can/does play cranked in almost any venue. You'll notice he's only ever using the L3 during small sessions, where he needs his tone at lower volumes. The only way a L4 makes sense is if they are making a smaller cheaper sub-15 watt version, or a combo version of the L3. The L3 is already capable of 15w, 50w, and 100w output along with a master volume control. A L3 combo with the spring reverb unit returned would be stellar, as the digital reverb isn't as nice sounding.

Gear:
RG 2550 w/ evo2 breed neck
SZ520 paf pro neck stock bridge
RG920 Premium
Jem7V-WH
Marshall Haze 15

Last edited by blkspade; 12-05-2016 at 11:32 AM.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 04:02 PM

Looks like something is coming soon.

Check Carvin's facebook page latest video.

I was thinking of getting a Legacy 3 soon. I guess Ill wait and keep playing with my little practice app.

Last edited by algorithmsjoe; 02-26-2017 at 01:25 PM.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 04:03 PM

Here is the video link:
https://www.facebook.com/carvinaudio...5523833257891/
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by algorithmsjoe View Post

looks like the news was a legacy pre amp pedal.

http://carvinaudio.com/blogs/news/un...e-preamp-pedal
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.arledge View Post
looks like the news was a legacy pre amp pedal.

http://carvinaudio.com/blogs/news/un...e-preamp-pedal
Yeah, I was hoping it was a Legacy 4. I don't have a nice amp yet, just a little Orange Crush 12w combo. I guess I will get a Legacy 3, the price in the US currently is very nice, I thought that the price drop was related to a new Legacy coming soon.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-28-2017, 09:10 PM
Rab

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperfrommars1 View Post
So I'm in the market for a new amp and I am looking to see if anyone has any info about the legacy 4. When will it be out? Street price? Design changes? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Ive heard a few rumors but nothing I could confirm. Do any of you currently use and enjoy the legacy 3?
I own an L3 for likke 4 years and love it..I have tons of of reviews on it on my youtube channel.
Incidently i just did a small teaser review of the Preamp pedal Carvin just released for Steve vai..The VLD1..This is what Vai and Carvin been working on lately and it wasnt the L4 as ppl thought..
Ill include the link for the pedal review...

https://youtu.be/V06ZX2zTXGw

Tags
carvin , info , legacy , prototype , vai

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode