Legacy II Surprise - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-25-2011, 10:19 AM Thread Starter

Talking Legacy II Surprise

I finally got my Carvin Legacy II head and speaker cabinet yesterday and was quite surprised at the sound of the amp without any effects or equalizers plugged in- it simply sounds great and you can get quite a diverse range of tones out of it, i also love the fact that when you either turn the volume or master volume up or down it does not affect the tone or saturation of your guitars sound which is awesome.
The clean and boost channels were also a pleasant surprise being really quite warm and creamy with a range of tones when i tinkered with the bass/mid/treble knobs but the only dissappointment with the channels is they do not have seperate bass/mid/treble knobs so once you set your clean settings your boost channels settings will be the same.
The lead channel is awesome, it has it's own bass/mid/treble settings as well as drive and presence settings allowing you to get pretty much any lead tone you want.
I've only had one play for about an hour so far but the amp has already exceeded my expectations, i'll give it a good thrashing tomorrow though put it through the ropes lol see if i can find any cons.
I tried to put up a picture of the amp but it was unable to, once i figure it out i'll put one up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-25-2011, 10:31 AM

Reviews: 59
Re: Legacy II Surprise

Awesome! That's a great amp.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-25-2011, 10:33 AM

Reviews: 1

That's a great amp, I was about to get one until...

Wait a minute, where is the nice reverb of the old legacy!
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-25-2011, 12:01 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage_freak_forever View Post
That's a great amp, I was about to get one until...

Wait a minute, where is the nice reverb of the old legacy!

yeah i was a bit bummed about that but nothing my boss delay pedal cant fix.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-26-2011, 12:35 AM

Reviews: 1

Congrats. I'm going to pick up my Legacy I combo next weekend that I got on layaway. I can't wait.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-27-2011, 04:11 PM

Congrats man.
I've been wanting the original Legacy for years but really wanted 3 channels. Then they came out with the Legacy 2 and it seems perfect for me.
I just wish I could try it out first which is impossible in my area.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-27-2011, 09:42 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chromatica View Post
Congrats man.
I've been wanting the original Legacy for years but really wanted 3 channels. Then they came out with the Legacy 2 and it seems perfect for me.
I just wish I could try it out first which is impossible in my area.

Dude i feel your pain, i live in a little rural queensland town and to test out any good music equipment i have to fly interstate which is a huge pain in the [email protected]$.
There a few good youtube reviews on the amp but of course it's not the same as testing it yourself

Tags
steve vai

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode