Legacy query - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-04-2003, 06:57 PM Thread Starter

Legacy query

hey,

I am about to retube my legacy and am wondering what other people have done???

am going to go with eurotubes cause they seem teh best for me and certainly teh best priced for me by many many $$$ am getting the JJ ecc83's but cant decide between the 6L6's and the E34L's

anyone know what ssv uses (6L6's or E34L's)?

at teh moment im leaning towards the E34L's because of the sheer ravings of everyone who has tried them

cheers

Steve
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-04-2003, 07:13 PM
EKG

I did exactly that. E34L's and ECC83S's. I have more gain and clarity now. Not sure what Steve uses.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-05-2003, 11:09 PM
rgr

SSV uses EL34s, that's what the Legacy was designed around. Svetlana EL34s I think is what they ship with, I would recommend those.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-06-2003, 09:10 AM

I've never heard a Legacy with 6l6s, but the amp sings so sweetly with EL34s I wouldn't change 'em. Can't say enough good things about Eurotubes, really. Call up Bob, he's a great guy to talk to, and really knows his stuff!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-06-2003, 01:34 PM
EKG

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightFlamed
I've never heard a Legacy with 6l6s, but the amp sings so sweetly with EL34s I wouldn't change 'em. Can't say enough good things about Eurotubes, really. Call up Bob, he's a great guy to talk to, and really knows his stuff!
I agree, talk to Bob. I had 6L6's in mine, and the 34's are much better. Bob will give you a better description as far as differences, than I possibly could ;-)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode