Let's talk about DiMarzio Cliplock and similar straps - Page 3 - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-29-2007, 01:58 PM

Reviews: 5
Re: Let's talk about DiMarzio Cliplock and similar straps

I solved the problem on my k7 and its straplocks by wrapping some tape around the edges of the clip. Now if it hits the body it just slides and doesnt scratch it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-29-2007, 10:28 PM

Just fold the bottom clip over itself and put the upper horn one in the pocket. and if you wana use the original strap buttons you just have to widen the hole using a soldering iron or something similar.

Last edited by Dragon Slayer J; 11-29-2007 at 10:48 PM.
post #33 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-01-2007, 09:57 PM

Reviews: 1

In the case, the bottom one is the one that can damage - I always have a cleaning cloth in there anyway, so I wrap the plastic clip in the cloth and it's all set.

Pink straps- I was in a local music store 2 years ago and they had TWO pink ones still in the plasit box hanging with the other straps. I think I paid $19 each for them! Sorry, not for sale.

-jemaholic
post #34 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-02-2007, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markg5150 View Post
Clip locks are good except for the damage they cause in a case. No more clip locks for me!!
duster + elastic band over the clip end when you put it away in the case, no more damage
post #35 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-02-2007, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMerkert View Post
Isn't it possible to protect the guitar by wrapping the clips with tape ?
I ask this 'cause just yesterday i installed the DiMarzio Cliplocks to my VWH and DNA.
Not really.

But you can minimize the possible damage.

I've stuck a bit of black soft felt to the underside of the plastic bits, cut to size so you can't tell it's there.

I also make sure the clips are away from the body before I close the cases. The genuine Ibanez flight cases seem to hold them in the same spot during transit.

I have Dimarzio ClipLock straps on all my guitars except my DNA and
I've had these on my guitars for years now and I've not had any damage to the finish.

IMO, they're the most "natural" feeling, and best looking of all the strap locks.

I've tried Jim Dunlop and Schaller ones. I don't like them. The strap feels like it's holding the guitar from the wrong spot with those. The Dunlop ones stayed for a total of 1 hour after being installed before I got the ****s and took them off.

The Schaller ones stayed for a day or two.

The Dimarzio cliplocks have been on my guitars for over 5 years now. They just feel natural and look good too imo .

Tags
clip lock strap , cliplock strap , cliplock straps , dimarzio clip lock , dimarzio clip lock strap , dimarzio cliplock , dimarzio cliplock strap , dimarzio cliplock straps , dimarzio strap , eddie van halen , jim dunlop , les paul , local music store , music store , planet waves , schaller strap locks , steve vai , strap button , strap buttons , strap lock , strap locks , tone zone , van halen

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode