Lexicon Mpx G2 - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-21-2003, 06:28 PM Thread Starter

Lexicon Mpx G2

Hi all. Just wondered what the general opinion was of the Lexicon Mpx G2 through from features to price? maybe in comparrison with some T.C electronics gear?

Cheers

Al
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-22-2003, 08:22 AM

I've run into people who like it or hate it. Doesn't seem like there's an 'in between'. I have one and have since it came out. I LOVE IT! I'm not using it currently because the genre of music my band plays doesn't call for all the FX is has... my Mesa does just fine. However, I like the Lexicon for it's true natured sounds. Retail the price hasn't come down too much in the few years. However, I remember regal was selling his for around $700 or $800. It's a steal. I paid I think $1700 new with the $500 foot switch included.

I would highly recommend checking out the HC reviews (I have one there so I'll save you repetitive babble) and trying one out. The TC Electronics unit is a bit easier to operate. But I personally prefer the sounds from the Lexicon and the real time FX order is SO fun to play with. The Lexicon manual is VERY in depth and explains alot. So I hope you're a technical kind of guy. I'm not when it comes to processor stuff, so it was a little hard for me to understand at first.

Gabe
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-22-2003, 04:23 PM Thread Starter

cheers gabe ill look in to it!
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-23-2003, 05:18 PM

I used a G2 for a year and it was the most unreliable piece of gear I've ever owned. I might have had a lemon, but the fact remains that it crapped out on me twice at shows and I finally pulled it out of my rack and sent it back to Lexicon (for the third time) and told them they could keep it. They then called me to say they had fixed it for good and were awaiting my credit card number to charge ME for shipping it back. I told them I didn't care to get it back badly enough to spend the $70 bucks, so they now tell me they'll send it out when they get the chance. It sounded fantastic when it worked but I would rather have no effects at all then go through that nightmare again. Again, this is just my personal experience.

Another thing to consider is how many MPX G2s you see for sale on ebay. When I was considering selling mine, I kept track of what other people were getting for their G2s. At one point, there were six for sale and only one ended up selling for what the person was asking for (about $800). On the other hand, you rarely see any TC Electronics G-majors or G-Forces on ebay. I think that tells you something about most people's experiences with these units.

Tags
foot switch , lexicon mpx

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode